Start a new topic

Hide camera view keeping rendering on Android

Hi,

I am using Android Javascript SDK and I am trying to hide the camera view but still keeping the 3d model rendering. Is it possible?

Thanks.

Hi,

AR.hardware.camera.enabled will also disable the tracking procedures. The only way I can think of is creating an InputPlugin that renders whatever you'd like to have instead of the camera feed (black frame?).

- Daniel

Hi,

on second though, you might actually be able to get away with a regular plugin. You should be able to simply override the `startRender` function and render a black quad over the entire screen (or whatever else you'd like to see instead of the camera feed). The SDK should then render the augmentations on top of that, if I'm not mistaken.

- Daniel

Hi,
I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to hide the feed of the camera, but I'm not able to get it right.
I was trying to edit the custom camera example from the SDK, but since I'm not comfortable in programming with OpenGL, I wasn't able to disable only the camera part of the renderer without impairing the Drawable.
Can you please show me (or tell me where to find) a way to do it more easily, without going through the hassle of the custom OpenGL plugin?
Thanks in advance

Hi,

there is no alternative way, I'm afraid. If you want to change the rendering of the Wikitude SDK, you will have to deal with some rendering code. What are you aiming to see instead of the Wikitude camera feed, if I may ask?

- Daniel

I'm trying to find a way to show only the augmentation since I'm using it on a "custom made" AR headset. To make it fully functional, I would like to hide the camera feed (by making everything else black) so that it won't overlap with what the user already sees.

I've tried with modifying the Custom Camera example, but I can't get away with showing only the correct augmented objects without the orange overlay that's in the demo.

Hi,

if you want the camera frame to be black, you will have to draw over it in the startRender function, as I believe I've already outlined. The custom camera sample will need to be enough of a guide, I cannot provide code for specific use cases. You'll have to implement this custom requirement yourself.

We do, however, offer an SDK for the Epson smart glasses that work in this way. Maybe that would be a better fit to base your application on.

- Daniel

Login or Signup to post a comment