Start a new topic

App rejected by Apple due to not having a "Back/Close" button to leave the ARWorld

I've just heard back from Apple regarding my submission of our app, and it has been rejected.

They have said the following ...

We noticed an issue in your app that contributes to a lower quality user experience than Apple users expect:

- Your app does not include any control to exit the AR mode and return to main menu.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please revise your app to address all instances of this type of issue.

I've spent all morning going through the forum trying to find a solution, but nothing I found has worked. A lot of the links that are provided as solutions are from 4+ years ago and most don't even work any more.

I even managed to find an old page on Archive.org - https://web.archive.org/web/20161012020744/http://www.wikitude.com/developer/knowledge-base?p_p_id=4_WAR_knowledgebaseportlet_INSTANCE_K1t9rsL9F7dN&p_p_lifecycle=0&p_p_state=maximized&p_p_mode=view&p_p_col_id=column-1&p_p_col_pos=3&p_p_col_count=5&_4_WAR_knowledgebaseportlet_INSTANCE_K1t9rsL9F7dN_mvcPath=%2Fsection%2Fview_article.jsp&_4_WAR_knowledgebaseportlet_INSTANCE_K1t9rsL9F7dN_resourcePrimKey=457883

I followed the instructions in the above page, and even though I can get the button to appear on the AR World, when I click it - nothing happens at all.

With this obviously being a requirement from Apple, isn't there a standard back/close button that we can use in the AR worlds ?? 

Any help would be most welcome, as I really need to have our app accepted by Apple for distribution on the App store.

Thank you.

Hi,

This documentation part, which explains how to close the AR view should help you:

https://www.wikitude.com/external/doc/documentation/latest/phonegap/reference.html#close

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Hello Nicola,

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any further information about how best to implement this ??

I've been able to create the "Back" button on my AR screen, but clicking it does nothing.

From the information I was reading earlier, I believe I am supposed to add some code into the index.js file in the root of the app. The earlier sample codes I tried all didn't work, and in some cases actually prevented the AR windows from being opened.

Any additional information or help will be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex

Hi,

Did you check the SDK sample app code? There, for all the samples if you're in the AR view and swipe from the left side of the phone to the center the AR view closes and the list view is displayed again. You could implement something similar also with a button.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for the reply. I did mention to Apple that we are using their default "left to right swipe" to exit the window, but their reply was the usual rubbish about not meeting the guidelines.

What we did was to overlay a jquery window on the AR window which gave clear instructions that to exit the AR window you have to swipe left to right.

This was accepted by Apple, and the app was published. However, having this jquery overlay on the AR window caused some problems with the actual AR experience. With our image recognition AR, we scanned the image and the specific buttons, etc all appeared. But, there were NOT clickable as they previously had been.

We did another test and removed the jquery window I added, and then buttons started working again properly and are now clickable.

I don't suppose you have any idea why this jquery overlay we added caused the buttons to not work ??

Thanks for your help,

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thx for your feedback. So everything is working now as expected with the back button behaviour?

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Login or Signup to post a comment