Start a new topic

Server hosted files not loading but when locally they do

Hello,

I'm working with the SDK for Android, and I've tried numerous times to load the AR experience files which are  hosted on a server but fail to do so. When the same files are hosted locally they load normally. I've tried it with the examples as well and it's the same problem they just can't seem to load when hosted online. In addition the same files online load normally through the wikitude app. Any help on what might be causing this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Viktor

Hi Viktor,

Could you please provide the following details:

- Which version of the SDK are you using?
- Are you working with the JS API or the Native API?
- Are you using any of our Extensions (Cordova, Xamarin, Unity)? If yes, which version are you using

- What device does this happen with (model details and OS version)?

- Please share the url to the index.html file on your server and also the target image(s) and object(s) your use for scanning.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Hello Nicola,

-I'm using the latest 8.5.0 JS API

-Don't have any additional extensions as of yet.

-I've gotten this issue on the following devices: Huawei P20 pro (Android 9.0), LG g3 3GB ram model (Android 4.4.2).

-It happens with the AR samples you provide , I've got them hosted on 000webhost.com

Thanks,

Viktor

Hi Viktor,

Could you please send me the direct link to an index.html file - if you don't feel comfortable sharing it in the forum publicly, then you can also send it via email to forum [at] wikitude . com.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Hello Nicola,

Here is a link for a simple video ar experience, http://viktorkitanov00.000webhostapp.com/simple_video/index.html

the target image is the surfer from the example pictures.

Thanks,

Viktor

Hi,

The experience reachable via this link is working fine for me within the sample app and with Galaxy S7.  Did you make sure that you start the AR experience as needed. If in doubt please recheck against the SDK sample app, how an experience can be started that is stored on a server.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Hello,

Thank you for the constant feedback, can't stress it enough how grateful I am for the support , though I'm still not understanding what I'm possibly doing wrong.

@Override
protected void onPostCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState){
    super.onPostCreate(savedInstanceState);

architectView.onPostCreate();

try {
        this.architectView.load("http://viktorkitanov00.000webhostapp.com/simple_video/index.html");
    }   catch (Exception e){

}
} 

Shouldn't this work when it comes to loading the experience from a server?

Thanks,

Viktor  

Login or Signup to post a comment