Start a new topic

Multiple Server Calls with Continuous Search

"Scans are in effect calls from the Wikitude SDK via the Client API to the Cloud Recognition servers. All commercial license come with an allowance of 1,000,000 scans per month per developer account. Note: When using Continuous Search mode multiple calls are made to the server."

What does "multiple calls are made to the server" mean?

1. Is it one call per timeframe (e.g. once a second)?
2. Does it need another call to detect the target again, once it was detected?
3. Is it sending data to the server once it detected a target?
4. Can i control this behaviour e.g. deactivate server calls as soon as the first target was detected and activate server calls again as soon as i lost the target?
5. Does "not found" targets count as "call" as well?

1 Comment

Hi Jan,

Please find the details to your questions here:

1. Is it one call per timeframe (e.g. once a second)?

You can control the intervall that is used on your end. You can also combine the Snap-2-scan and continuous mode if you want. You can find details on this here. So you can also control the amount of requests are sent to the server:

https://www.wikitude.com/external/doc/documentation/latest/android/cloudrecognition.html#continuous-image-recognition

2. Does it need another call to detect the target again, once it was detected?

Yes as the target is not cached, if you trigger the recognition for another target e.g. again and then the first one, you'll need to send the requests to the server again.

3. Is it sending data to the server once it detected a target?

If you stop the continuous recognition, then nothing is sent. Only if you start the recognition again.

4. Can i control this behaviour e.g. deactivate server calls as soon as the first target was detected and activate server calls again as soon as i lost the target?

Yes you can control the behaviour - please check the link above and you can try the behaviour also quickly via adapting the SDK sample app.

5. Does "not found" targets count as "call" as well?

Yes all scans are counted. 

I hope this helps.

Greetings

Nicola

Login or Signup to post a comment