Start a new topic

Image Recognition Problem with Smaller Objects Android

Hello,

I am using this library for image recognition and I am unable to recognize smaller objects images. Can you please help me through this ? How can I achieve this ?

Thank you

I am using Wikitude Sample.

Android Studio 3.4.1

Device : LG Q6 with 8.0 OS

Hi,

Could you please provide the images that you wish to recognize and provide details on the size they have once scanned?

Thx and greetings

Nicola

1 person likes this

Yes sure, I am uploading two images, in which you can see that it is getting scanned in bigger image and not getting scanned in smaller image.

Hi,

Yes the icon looks too small in the second image, so with this size it would be hard to recognize the icon. If possible we recommend to use a bigger one.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Hello Nicola,

We cannot implement anything to recognize smaller icon ? I have a project which have a requirement to recognize these small icons also. If we can do something on this that it will be good.

Thanks

Hi,

You can find further details on best practices for image targets here:

https://www.wikitude.com/external/doc/documentation/latest/android/targetguide.html#best-practice-for-image-targets

If the image is too small they won't be recognized if the scanning process is too far away. If you have a small target and it's scannable if the device is moved very near to the image and it's working with sufficient quality, then this could potentially work. But we don't recommend very small targets.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Login or Signup to post a comment