Start a new topic

App Crashes When Switched From Trial License Key To Startup License Key

Hi,

I recently built an app using the Trial License Key. Now that I am ready to go to production I have been granted a Startup License Key. The app works perfectly on both iOS and Android using the Trial license Key. However, when I switch to the Startup Key the app crashes when I attempt to use SMART Instant Tracking on a phone that has platform assisted (ARCore) supported. I am unable to get any logs because it kicks me out so fast. Everything works with the trial key is the key to this. Everything works with a phone that does not detect support to ARKit/ARCore is the other key.

Here are the details:

Using the trial key my app functions without any crashes. Once I switch to the license key that was generated for me the app crashes once I attempt to use SMART enabled InstantTracking. I believe there is an issue with the license key for the following reasons:

On my iOS device everything continues to work as expected. I believe this is because:

1) My iOS device is an iPhone5s and it never detects the AR Kit so does not use the SMART platform assisted system as far as I have been able to tell.

On my Android device:

1) Using my trial license key everything works perfectly

2) When I add in the key I generated for the startup license you granted me the world loads and I can do GeoObjects

3) When I attempt to initialize InstantTracking functions (that work fine with the trial key) the whole app immediately closes

4) I have the Wikitude key placed in Wikitude.js and when I load the world.

5) I have ar.core as optional in my AndroidManifest.xml and I also have inside arworldtour-build-extras gradle the dependency upon ARCore:

dependencies {

compile (name: 'wikitudesdk', ext:'aar')

compile 'com.google.ar:core:1.1.0'

}

6) I have Wikitude SDK 8.5 installed ("version": "8.5.0"). I am using the Cordova plugin. On old key it works, on new key it crashes.

7) My Android device is a Google Pixel 3a and it always detects the AR Core assisted (SMART) platform assisted tracking system.

Given that it all works on the trial key on both platforms, only crashes using the new license key and kicks me out the app immediately when I attempt to use platform assisted SMART InstantTracking which is only present on my Android, and this says I should be able to use the SMART system (AR Core assisted): https://www.wikitude.com/store/ - I believe there is an issue with my license key for the StartupSDK? Or perhaps a discrepancy somewhere with the Wikitude version and what my license says I can use for a version? Either way an issue with the newly generated key and what I use in my app.

The first functions that get called when I initialize is:

AR.hardware.smart.isPlatformAssistedTrackingSupported();

AR.hardware.smart.onPlatformAssistedTrackingAvailabilityChanged = this.instantTrackCheck;

Where instantTrackCheck is the functionality straight from your docs.

This leads me to believe that the key that was generated for me is causing the app to crash when it is detecting the SMART platform assisted tracking, detecting ARCore, on my Android device.

Do you have any idea why this is occurring? If you provide me with an email address I can send you the .apk file?

Thank you,

Eric

No, I haven't tried using it on the sample app. I guess I was thinking the key was hard coded into the output of the sample app. Since it's not I can definitely try that when I get home from work. I have it installed on my iPhone5s but it's the platform assistance that's causing the crash. Both keys work fine on my old iPhone 5s because it doesn't detect any platform assistance, it's only when platform assistance comes into play. I'll install on my Google Pixel 3a when I'm home and check it out because that's the one that detects it.

About the javascript code. Question: which debugger will you be using? How? I haven't been able to debug because when the app crashes so does my debugger, and chrome://inspect freezes the app. I will package my entire project, minus some pages, in a zip. With it I'll send you the command line to run a device debug using Cordova, and also things like where to change the key in the environment. The package may be too large for email so I may need to use either Google Drive or WeTransfer.

Thank you for the help! I'll get you everything as soon as possible, at the latest tonight United States Central Time.

Eric

Login or Signup to post a comment