I am trying to set up my app to be able to switch to 'selfie mode' so that users can take a picture with 2-D layovers or with 3-D models.
I tried setting the 'startupConfiguration' to 'front' when instantiating the viewer (in this case I was using 3D models feature. The system began with the front camera, but after several seconds, automatically switched to 'back'.
I also tried setting AR.hardware.camera.position = AR.CONST.CAMERA_POSITION.FRONT in live code, but this seemed to have no effect.
Is it possible to switch the live AR viewer to front camera? Or if not live, to configure it before instatiating to be 'front'?
Could you please provide the following details:
- Which version of the SDK are you using?
- Are you working with the JS API or the Native API?
- Are you using any of our Extensions (Cordova, Xamarin, Unity)? If yes, which version are you using
- What device/OS does this happen with - is it device specific or happening with different devices?
- Is the "Hardware Control > Front Camera" sample working on the device? If yes, did you make sure to have look the code and documentation for the front camera implementation?
Thx and greetings