Start a new topic

Object tracking - cube doesn't appear with example code. Please help.

Hello team,

I used the exact same example code for object tracking (simple). Created my own wto file and replaced the wto file in the example from the SDK. I see that there is no error its recognizing target and tracking the object. However, I don't see the orange cube displayed when I scan the same object. Please advise.

More info: I used 8 pictures from different background and angles. Picture was taken in a different phone and I am scanning in another phone.

I have shared the file where I changed the wto, wto file, pictures and also the image screenshot from android studio. We are implementing this for an event in 2 days, any quick help is appreciated.

Hi,

Could you please share the images you're using for the .wto file generation? Also, if you open the the file within the Studio Editor, do you see a lot of points for your point cloud? If not, this might be the reason, as the object might not have sufficient quality for recognition and tracking.

Also, did you make sure that the augmentation (cube) is properly alligned with your object - meaning that it's placed around / near the object so you'll see it once you scan the object?

Thx and greetings

Nicola

1 person likes this

Hi,

Thx for sending the details. We tried with the images you sent and with these you don't get enough feature points for the Object reco / tracking to work. Please see the screenshot attached for a view of the points where actually extracted from the object.

In general as our object has not much structure (black cube with too less text and elements to be extracted). So I fear that for this object you won't get a satisfying result. 

Greetings

Nicola

Thank you so much for the confirmation. You guys rock! :)

Below are the attachments.

wto
java

if you open the the file within the Studio Editor, do you see a lot of points for your point cloud? - yes.

did you make sure that the augmentation (cube) is properly alligned with your object - meaning that it's placed around / near the object so you'll see it once you scan the object? - yes, I did.

zip
Login or Signup to post a comment