Start a new topic

Slow video

I am getting unusable results when trying Wikitude.

Unity version 2018.3.0f2

It seems to be running at about 2 FPS.

To reproduce the issue I can just create an empty Unity project, add the Wikitude camera, delete the main camera then try and preview on my 2018 Macbook Pro.

I have no problem if I use Vuforia.

3 people have this problem

Hi, 

I'm sorry this took so long, but this issue should be fixed in the new 8.10 release.

Best regards,

Alexandru

Hi, 

By that I'm referring to the Unity Remote application available on mobile app stores. For more information, please see the Unity Documentation. Information on how to integrate that with our SDK is also available here, under the "Remote Camera" section.

Best regards,

Alexandru

Hi Sorry if this is obvious, im new to wikitude. What do you mean by using the remote app?

I'm also having issues with my built in camera on my macbook being slow.

Hi, 

Thank you for letting us know that this is limited to the built-in camera. I would anyhow recommend to use the remote app, since it provides a closer experience to the real thing, and it additionally allows you to use test Instant Tracking.

We'll continue to investigate the issue and we'll let you know if we have any news.

Best regards,

Alexandru

1 person likes this

Sorry for the multiple posts. I tested this on another mac and I had the same issue.

So for now what I'm doing is, I connected my iphone to my mac using a cable, downloaded Unity Remote on the iphone, then on Unity went to Edit > Project Settings > Editor and picked Device > iphone, and then in the Wikitude Camera, instead of Default or WebCam I picked Remote Camera. 

And now i'm able to test just fine. And the Live Preview on the monitor looks fine too. 

So something weird is happening where the builtin macbook webcam is not properly working with Unity + Wikitude SDK.

I mean to say latest Wikitude SDK. I also see that when I turn on 'Stats' for the live preview, it shows that Graphics: is at around 120 FPS (8.3ms) So that number looks okay but the video it self that I see on the monitor looks like it's 1FPS or 2FPS

When the live preview is on Activity Monitor shows that CPU usage is at 85%. And when I hit the stop button, the Unity CPU usage drops down to 5%

Also I didn't mention - I'm running MacOS Mojave 10.14.6. 

FYI, I have the same issue. I also have a macbook pro 2018 with 32G of RAM with a Radeon Pro Vega 20 4GB. Live webcam preview with Unity and Wikitude is around 2 frames per second. 

The webcam works fine everywhere except with Live Preview using an image tracker. 

i'm using the latest Unity 2019.2.0f1 with the latest Wikitude API.

If you need any more information, please let me know 

Hi, please I need help, I keep having the same issue, I need to finish a project but with that slow camera preview I can't work.

Can someone help me?

Hi, 

Yeah I'm also using a MacBook Pro 2018, that has macOS Mojave with a FaceTime HD 720p Camera.

It's only when I preview with webcam on the game view it's really slow.

With Vuforia works Fine.

Hi, 

Are you also using a MacBook Pro, or a different device? If so, which OS are you using and what type of camera does it have? Is it only the video that is slow, or in general the FPS is this low?

Thank you,

Alexandru

Sorry is my first time with wikitude but I've tried all the example projects and the camera keeps running to slow on the unity editor, can't work like this, I'm not sure if I'm missing something or what it might be.

Hi, 

I couldn't reproduce the issue with the provided steps.

Do you still have this problem when when adding an ImageTracker and an ImageTrackable to the scene? Can you reproduce the issue with example project that is included in the downloaded package?

Best regards,

Alexandru

I have the same problem with the same computer but with Unity 2019.1.2f1,

I need help please.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment