Start a new topic
Solved

3D Model Not Showing Transparency Of Material Property

Hi,

I believe we have followed all the requirements for making a material property transparent when using an fbx in the encoder to create a wt3. However, when we import the fbx the windows on the 3d model car we are using are not transparent. The windows are black. I have attached an image of the settings we have in Maya for this material property.

Do you have any idea why the material would be showing as black even though we have set it to be transparent?

Thank you,

Eric

Hi,

We're not sure what we did cause we tried a lot of things but it has been fixed. Thank you for your time!

Eric

Hi Eric,

Glad to see you were able to fix it and can continue with your app ;)

Eva

Hi Eric,

Would it be possible to have the source FBX so I can have a look what's happening as it passes through the encoder?

Thanks,

Eva

Hi,

So we got the window to show transparent but certain items don't show when viewed through the transparency.

Notice in the attached video how the cars dashboard does not show when viewed through the windshield. However when not viewed through the windshield it does show. Also notice in the photo when all textures are made the same the dashboard does then show. Even using that new material that it shows when everything is it, doesn't show when it's the only one.

Can I sent the fbx to a certain email address? I would rather not post it on this public forum.

Do you have any idea why the dashboard would not be showing through the transparent windshield but would show in other views and when using all other materials? Like explained and showed?

Is there an email address I can send this fbx too?

MOV

I've got the fbx ready to send once I know where to send it. I really appreciate your help with this. This is the last step in our modeling process.

Hi Eric,

You can send the .fbx file to info@wikitude.com and I will forward it to our developers.

Thanks,

Eva

Login or Signup to post a comment