Start a new topic

Custom Camera sample is "empty"?

I may be missing something but the 13.4 Custom Camera sample is mostly "empty".

What I mean is the file inputplugin.js is almost the same as 13.3 Simple Input Plugin sample and gives no clues on how to use a custom camera.

I am trying to feed Wikitude with the output from WebRTC. I know it is possible, other people did it. In all discussions I found on the web people talk about extending the Custom Camera sample but afaik this sample is useless.

Am I missing something? Is there another repository with different samples? I got all samples from GitHUB but both 13.3 and 13.4 are almost useless.

EDIT: I am trying to accomplish this in Cordova. Technically speaking, it should be possible (and not too hard) to take WebRTC output and forward it to Wikitude without writing any platform-specific code.

Hi Riccardo,

Unfortunately, we have no samples to offer that use the WebRTC camera stream as input. I recommend you to have a look at the Wikitude JS SDK Android/iOS input-plugin samples and start from there. You may then create a custom Wikitude Cordova plugin that consumes the WebRTC camera feed. A hard switch to use a WebRTC cam instead of the Camera in the Wikitude Cordova Plugin would be great, but at the moment (May 2019) the consumption of the camera feed happens directly (behind the scenes, without the use of the Cordova cam API).

Sorry for the inconvenience, but at them moment I recommend you to investigate on the JS SDK level.

Best regards,
Andreas Fötschl

Login or Signup to post a comment