Start a new topic
Solved

iOS - SDK 8.4 - Build problem

We are really excited with the new version 2.4 version of wikitude SDK. 

However, since it has been released, we got some problems in building our app on iOS. We got errors mentioning armv7.

This is for instance the error when trying to build the cordova-sample-app project :

ld: warning: Could not find auto-linked framework 'WikitudeSDK'
Undefined symbols for architecture armv7:
  "_kWTUnauthorizedAppleiOSSDKAPIsKey", referenced from:
      +[WTWikitudePlugin composeFailingAPIAuthorizationMessageFromError:] in WTWikitudePlugin.o
      ___34-[WTWikitudePlugin requestAccess:]_block_invoke in WTWikitudePlugin.o
  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_WTArchitectView", referenced from:
      objc-class-ref in WTWikitudePlugin.o
      objc-class-ref in WTARViewController.o
     (maybe you meant: _OBJC_CLASS_$_WTArchitectViewController)
  "_kWTScreenshotSaveModeKey", referenced from:
      -[WTWikitudePlugin didReceiveDidCapturedScreenNotification:] in WTWikitudePlugin.o
  "_kWTScreenshotBundleDirectoryKey", referenced from:
      -[WTWikitudePlugin captureScreen:] in WTWikitudePlugin.o
      -[WTWikitudePlugin didReceiveDidCapturedScreenNotification:] in WTWikitudePlugin.o
  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_WTArchitectStartupConfiguration", referenced from:
      objc-class-ref in WTARViewController.o
  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_WTAuthorizationRequestManager", referenced from:
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Thanks,

Amaury.

Hi Amaury,

We removed armv7/armv7s support in our latest update (http://www.wikitude.com/external/doc/documentation/latest/iosnative/changelog.html#release-notes-wikitude-sdk, https://www.wikitude.com/blog-2019-sdk-clean-up/). It might have not been that clear as we not explicitly mention removal of those architectures but only the minimum supported hardware generation, sorry about that.

When we build our Cordova example app, we call `cordova build` like the following: `'cordova build ios --device --developmentTeam=********** --buildFlag="ONLY_ACTIVE_ARCH=NO" --buildFlag="ARCHS=ARCHS_STANDARD_64_BIT"'`. Alternatively you can change the generated Xcode project and set ARCHS to ARCHS_STANDARD_64_BIT (See attached screenshot).

Best regards,

Andreas Schacherbauer

1 person likes this

Hi Andreas,

I just tested your solution by changing the architecture setting in XCode and it works fine. Thanks a lot ! Hope you can find the time to update the documentation with that piece of information.

Have a good day,

Amaury.

1 person likes this

I have the same problem, but I did not quite get the solution. Where exactly (Xcode) do I have to change that?

Thanks

Hi Uwe,

You can specify the architecture you want to build your project/target for in Build Settings.

I hope this attached screenshot clarifies it for you.

- Damian

Login or Signup to post a comment