Start a new topic

Device not working

Hello,

I have a Samsumg Galaxy J5 (model SM-J530F), I have seen the specifications required by wikitude and, in theory, should work with this device. I tried using your demo application, the one that has all the options. That application works on other devices but not on this one.

The application opens, arrives at the menu, requests permission and opens the view, but does not recognize anything ... (I've tried it with the surfer, the biker, the dinosaurs, ... and none of them work).

Any idea why it does not work?

I'm using the titanium version of the SDK.

Hi Luis,

• Which version of the SDK are you using?
  • Are you using the JS API?
  • Are you using any of our Extensions (Titanium, Cordova, Xamarin, Unity)? If yes, which version are you using?
  • Could you please send the crash log?

Thanks,

Eva

Hello Eva
  • Which version of the SDK are you using?
  • Are you using the JS API?
  • No
  • Are you using any of our Extensions (Titanium, Cordova, Xamarin, Unity)? If yes, which version are you using?
  • Titanium, 8.2.0
  • Could you please send the crash log?
  • I can't send you a crash log, because the app does not crash, it opens and you can navigate (you can open the examples, it loads the wikitude view and you can see the required target to scan, but when you scan it, it does not show anything).

Hi Luis,

8.2.0 happened quite a while ago, I'm not quite sure what kind of issues the SDK might have had at this point in time anymore. There's two things I would like you to try on this device of yours. I'd like you to try the most current release of the titanium SDK (8.3.2) as well as the most current release of the JavaScript SDK (8.4.0) and check whether that makes a difference.

Also, have you tried any other devices so far?

- Daniel

Hi Daniel,

We will test the SDK 8.3.2, will tell you about it soon...

We have tested 10 devices so far. 

• 3 iPhone ( 6, 6+ and 8) -> All working fine
  • 7 Android:
  • Samsung Galaxy 8 -> Works fine
  • 2 HTC  -> Works fine
  • 1 Xioami  -> Works fine
  • 2 BQ  -> Works fine
  • Samsung Galaxy J5  -> Doesn't work ( loads the camera but the targets do not load anything)

We have used the example from the github that has all the functionality of wikitude.

Thanks ins advance.

- Luis.

Login or Signup to post a comment