Start a new topic

Android camera feed brighter

Thinking it might be related to us using linear color scale (have seen similar issues when camera feed uses gamma shader with linear color scale), but it only happens on Android -- iOS has correct shader. 

Is there a way to specify the shader used? The closed-source nature of the plugin really makes it hard to debug this stuff -- wish it were a mix of source files and closed dlls like other plugins. 

Ok I'm getting the same problem on iPad. Really weird. Any ideas?? 

Can see what I'm talking about here. Top is iPad, bottom is iPhone. Android is similar to iPad. 

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Is this happening with the sample project provided in the download package, or with your own project? Can you also please check if there is a difference between the camera app and the sample?

Best regards,

Alexandru

Yes it happens with the sample project (set color space to Linear). iPad and Android (not sure if all devices or just the pixel I tested with)

And yeah, camera app is fine (not lighter) -- even in same app (uses ARcore/ARkit), it's only the Wikitude camera that is lighter. 

Hi, 

At the moment, only the Gamma color space is supported, but we'll make sure to add support for Linear in the near future.

Best regards,

Alexandru

Login or Signup to post a comment