Start a new topic

App strucks on when I click start tracking in any option of Instant Tracking of unitt examples

I builded the wikitude unity example and run the app on my device Oppo A57 (doesnt support ARCore). Everything is working fine but the the options of Instant Tracking i.e. Simple, Scene picking, Plane detection ,etc , when i open them they show running without plaform assited tracking support and when i click on start tracking it just stops on the camera position and app just stops. Not even the back button works. Can anyone plz. Help me. I am using latest wikitude SDK I even tested on Lenovo Tab 4 10 same problem occured.

2 people have this problem

Hi, 

Does the app crash, or freeze? Can you please share the logs from logcat?

Are you using the example project as is, or are there any modifications to it?

Thank you,

Alexandru

Hi there thanks for your quick reply, app just crashes on every instant tracking example. And yes i am using the examples as it with any modifications. I have attached a image it just strucks here and nothing hapoens or move as soon as i click on start initialization. But when i remotly run this scene from my pc to phone via unity remote 5 ut works perfectly on phone (as all the computation in done on my pc and phone is only used as a camera). But on mobile it just stucks here

Hello,

I have this same problem testing the instant tracking example project on an Android device, it seems to freeze the app when I set the state to tracking state. It worked on Huawei Y9 2019 (ARCore supported), but on Cubot Nova, Tecno W3(doesn't support ARCore), it freezes the app.

I'm developing with Unity 2018.3.9f1, android target api level Android 9.0.

Where do I send the Android log file

Please fix this,

Thanks

Hi, 

You can attach the log file here, or send it to our support email.

On the devices where it freezes, can you please disable SMART from the InstantTracker inspector and try again? Is the behavior the same?

Thank you,

Alexandru

Additionally, please make sure that the devices it is running on support our minimum requirements for Instant Tracking, specifically that the device has an accelerometer and a compass. From what I could find, neither the Cubot Nova, nor Tecno W3 have a compass, which might be the reason why the fail.

Best regards,

Alexandru

Thanks for your reply, I've run the project when Smart is disabled also for when enabled. The behaviour is the same, it still freezes.

I guess the problem is the absence of a compass, I thought the SLAM was all visual, thanks for the info. Just in case, this is the link to the log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3mh7dl4mf5nqs1l/logcat.txt?dl=0 , the package id is com.teratour.wikitudetest and com.itera.teratour.

Thanks

Login or Signup to post a comment