Start a new topic

Object recognition and extended tracking

Hi!
Can someone point me into the direction of some tutorials related to the following link? Wanting to do something like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16KPWVPcDi0

Basically, I want the rendered virtual object to move with my real-world object.

And also how to not lose the virtual object when the camera is not focusing the real world object? 

Thanks.
Aaqib

Hi,

The feature from the video is our object recognition feature. The best way to start is to check out the sample app which comes with the SDK download package together with the respective documentation section.

You can find Object Recognition samples in the app and details in the documentation.

For the second request I'm not sure I understand - the request seems to be the exact oposite of the first one and I'm not sure on the use case. Please clarify.

Greetings

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

For instance I have an object rendered on a real world object and which is still and not moving. Now what I want is when I move my camera focus from that particular real world object and move it back on the object it should make it look like it re-rendered the virtual object on the real world object. 

Aaqib

Hi,

What you describe sounds like our standard tracking functionality. So if you scan a predefined object and it's recognized the AR content is rendered where you place it and it 'sticks' there. If you move away from the object and then restart the scanning of the object, the digital content is displayed again.

gGreetings

Nicol

Hi Nicol!

If you see the attached video. You can clearly see the object re-rendering when the camera is moved from the focus of object. I want it to work like ARKit. In ARKit once the object is drawn. It stays there until or unless removed by yourself through code.

I hope you get my point what I am trying to say now?

Aaqib 

MOV
(4.3 MB)

Hi,

With our own SLAM solution if you loose tracking, the object is not rendered anymore and only relocalizes once the scene is recognized again. But if you work with our SMART feature, you can choose to use ARKit / ARCore as underlying platforms. You can check this also with the sample app - details on SMART can be found also in the documentation.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Hi,

One last thing. I want to know how can I change the position of the object at the time of recognition. I don't want the virtual object to appear at (0, 0, 0) on real object. I it to appear on some specific area. For instance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16KPWVPcDi0

I have a remote and I want to draw something on each buttons of the remote. Can you please give me any specific link that would help me with that? Because I couldn't find it myself in your documentation.  

Thanks.
Aaqib

Hi,

In this video you shared today, you're testing our Instant (Markerless) Tracking feature - which is part of the SMART. The youtube video is using Object Recognition. So with your video and references regarding ARKit / ARCore, I was thinking that you want to use this feature.  As you referred to the Object Recognition feature (placing a digital object (augmentation) once the specific object is recognized) again, I wanted to check if you wish to recognize a specific object, or if you wish to place the digitial content independant of one specific object? 

To sum up - if you wish to recognize an object like in the youtube video - you need to work with Object Recognition. 

I hope this helps. Should you need anything further, just let me know anytime.

Greetings

Nicola

Hi,

I want to use Object Recognition but like the one in your demo. Where you have used your remote and augmented buttons on top of real buttons. I need any tutorial/sample app particularly to that. I was unable to find any information specific to that in your documentation. It would be really great if you could help me with that. 

Thanks,
Aaqib  

Hi,

We don't have a specific sample for the remote sample, but the sample app offers several different samples for object recognition and further details in the documentation.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Login or Signup to post a comment