Start a new topic

Any scene with Wikitude camera crashes

I downloaded the latest Wikitude Unity SDK and opened an example scene.  When I press Play, Unity crashes abruptly.  If I load the Main Menu scene, it plays fine until I open a scene from that menu that contains a Wikitude camera.  If I make a blank scene and drag in a Wikitude camera prefab and press play, it crashes Unity.

I'm on a MacBook Pro (15-inch, mid 2014)

Processor:  2.8 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 16Gb 1600Mhz DDR3

Graphics: Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Unity 2018.3.8f1

Please help.  Thanks!

Hi,

I couldn't reproduce this issue. Are you using the example project provided in the download package, or did you import the .unitypackage in a new project?

Is the UnityEditorMacOSBridge.bundle folder present in your project, in Assets/Wikitude/Editor/macOS?

Best regards,

Alexandru

Thanks for your quick response.  I was able to stop the crash by changing the setting in the Wikitude camera prefab: "Enable Live Preview" from "Web Cam" to "Remote Camera".  My coworker has his set to "Web Cam" and it doesn't cause the crash for him (also on a Mac)... curious.

However, I'm currently having issues getting the camera to work on Android device.  Looking into it now.

Hi, 

On Android, one of the reasons why the camera might not work is missing permissions. With version 2018.3, Unity will no longer automatically ask for the permission when the application starts, so you need to use the new APIs to do so. For an example of how to do this, please check the MenuController.cs script.

Best regards,

Alexandru

Login or Signup to post a comment