Start a new topic

SDK 8.3 with ARCore Version 1.7.0

Hi,

I just run into a problem with using the new SDK version 8.3. I implemented the example "3D model on plane" with plattform assisted tracking and while using SDK version 8.2 everything worked as expected.

Using the new SDK version, planes were only detected vertically and didn't stay at one position.

I found out, that this problem does not occure if i use ARCore Version 1.1.0 instead of 1.7.0.

Is the new wikitude SDK not compatible with the newest version of ARCore?

Best regards!

1 Comment

Good morning Caroline,

as you have found out, we implemented our ARCore assisted tracking against the 1.1.0 version, which is why you are required to you this version exactly. Anything beyond this version is unknown territory and we cannot make any guarantees regarding compatibility. I checked the release notes for succeeding versions and found that it does include behavioural changes that could could very well explain what you are seeing.

Are there any features you are interested in in particular that are not included in the 1.1.0 version? Here's the complete ARCore changelog.

To support 1.1.0+ versions, there would need to be some changes on our side to the Wikitude SDK.

- Daniel

Login or Signup to post a comment