Start a new topic
Solved

Crash in object tracking

We are experiencing a crash in two Unity apps we are developing that use object tracking. The apps (iOS and Android) crash when tracking of the object is lost. It also crashes when running in the Unity editor. The crash log callstack for the Unity editor crash looks like this:

0x00007FFE1BD35549 (KERNELBASE) RaiseException

0x00007FFE0BED43DD (VCRUNTIME140) CxxThrowException

0x00007FFE0B752492 (MSVCP140) std::_Xout_of_range

0x00007FFDC77F245C (UnityEditorWindowsBridge) UnityWikitudeBindings_UpdateObjectTrackerExtendedTargets

I have made a minimal app that contains only the most recent Wikitude library for Unity and a .wto file from one of the apps. This minimal build also crashes in the Unity 2018.1.9f2 editor on Windows 10. Typically we find that we need to move the object in and out of the camera view about 6 times before the crash occurs.

I have made a zip file of this minimal build and would like to upload this to you for you to take a look. Let me know how to proceed.

Thanks

Hi Peter,

Can you please try with the new SDK 8.3 release - we just put the packages live - and see if this fixes your issue? If it does, please let us know and we can provide you with an SDK update for this version.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Thanks - we will try it with the new SDK 8.3 release today. I see in your blog post about the release that it works with Unity 2018.3, so we will also try it with that version of Unity.

After updating the SDK are receiving an error when running using our app ids and Wikitude licenses.

Error initializing tracker!

Error Code: 1005

Error Domain: comm.wikitude.tracker_manager

Error Message: Unable to create ObjectTracker

Underlying Error:

Error Code: 2001

Error Domain: com.wikitude.license

Error Message: The feature usage 'tracking_3d' is not granted with the given license key

Underlying Error:

Error Code: 1012

Error Domain: com.wikitude.licensing

Error Message: SDK update is not licensed.

The .WTO file seems to work when we use the demo app id and demo license, but not with the app ids and licenses that previously worked. We have purchased both licenses within the current month. Are we available for an SDK update on these licenses?

Hi Peter,

I saw that you reached out to sales [at] wilkitude.com as well and explained your situation. Eva will get back to you with a new key. 

Should you need anything further, just let me know anytime.

Greetings

Nicola

Hi, thanks for the help. Yes, the demo version of 8.3 works, and we'd like to get keys issued for that version for the apps we mentioned.

Thanks.  Peter

After testing for several days with 8.3.0 with Unity 2018.1.9f2, we haven't experienced any crashing. So please mark this fixed.

Thanks.

Hi Peter,

Greaet to hear that it's working now for you.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Login or Signup to post a comment