Start a new topic

3D Model not visible on some Android phones

I have a problem displaying a 3D model attached to the image trackable object. It works perfectly on the Unity editor, and I have tested it on at least one Android device where everything works flawlessly.

However, when I try it on my personal Android phone, the 3D model doesn't appear. I know Wikitude is finding the image tracker without problems. Once the tracker is found, I see a magenta "ghost" of the 3d model appear briefly (less than 1 second), and then disappears.

Why is it not working on my Android phone, but it is working on a colleague's phone, which is also Android?

Thanks!

Hi Emmanuel,

Can you please provide details on the following:

- Which version of the SDK are you using?
- Which Unity version are you working with?
- Does this same error also occur on your device, if you e.g. work with the Wikitude eye model that is included in the sample app?
- Is there any logoutput?
- Send details on the device it's working with (model, os) and also the device it's not working on.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

- Which version of the SDK are you using?

We are using Wikitude 8.2.0 

- Which Unity version are you working with?

We are using Unity 2018.3.2f1

- Does this same error also occur on your device, if you e.g. work with the Wikitude eye model that is included in the sample app?

When I run the sample app on my device, the eye model appears without problems.

- Is there any logoutput?

I don´t know how to get a log output when the app is running on my Android device. However, when it runs inside the Unity Editor, we do print to the console a lot to know what is happening, and there everything is OK.

- Send details on the device it's working with (model, os) and also the device it's not working on.

Device where its working: 

- Motorola G6 Play. Running Android 8.0
Devices where it is NOT working: 

- LG X Power 2 (Model LG-M320H). Running Android 7.0

- Samsung Note 5 (Model SM-N920G). Running Android 7.0
 - Huawuei P20 Lite (Model ANE-LX3). Running Android 8.0

- LG K10 (Model LG-M250H). Running Android 7.0

Hi, 

Magenta generally indicates that Unity has a problem with the shader used on that model.

Can you please try to create a new scene with just that model placed in front of the default Unity camera, without any Wikitude components (no camera, trackers or trackables), and check if it's still rendering incorrectly?

Thank you,

Alexandru

Login or Signup to post a comment