Start a new topic
Solved

Camera is not working on Android.

Hi,

I am using Unity 2018.3.3 and I notice that the camera never turns on. I deselected the multithread rendering, camera2 API, and metal. I tried both IL2PP and mono, but the camera always shows a black background.

I tried Unity 2018.2 with Wikitude 8.2 SDK. The camera works perfectly on Android and IOS phone. But it never works on Unity 2018.3.3. 

I can't downgrade unity because all prefabs in my project will be messed up. 

Is there any way I can solve the problem?

Thank you.

I used the MenueControlle.cs directly from wikitude.

@Mirko Gleichauf

You can add the MenuController Script to your Wikitude cam. 

for permission, error adds the header UnityEngine.Android.Permission

Regards

Jibin John

Hello,

i added the MenuController Script to the cam. Now i have the errors like you see in the picture. Now i can build the app but it doesn´t ask for the permission so i can´t get a picture from the camera on the smartphone. I also added a picture of the MenuController i use. Should i add something to the MenuController ( in the second picture)

Console.png
(21.2 KB)
@Mirko Gleichauf I couldn't see UnityEngine.Android.permission in your script. Make sure that it is added.

Hi, 

@John: The main issue is that the "unity_android_bridge.aar" library is missing from your project. Can you please double-check that this is present in your project?

@Mirko: You don't need the entire MenuController, just the part that's in the Awake method. Can you please make sure that it's called, by adding a Debug.Log in it and playing the scene in the Editor? Can you also double-check that the scene is included in the build?

Best regards,

Alexandru

Hi,

i added UnityEngine.Android.permission in my script. It doesn´t work at all. I don´t know what i can do now...

Best regards

Mirko

console1.png
(27.5 KB)

I have checked for bridge.aar file it is present inside my Unity project folder. I am using the whole unity project as a library inside Android. Even the camera permission is asking the problem is still a black screen.

Following two errors are in my Logcat.

2019-07-31 14:28:18.718 3491-3491/com.xrlab.nymmunity E/MPlugin: Unsupported class: com.mediatek.common.telephony.IOnlyOwnerSimSupport

(Filename: currently not available on il2cpp Line: -1)

2019-07-31 14:28:25.640 3491-3518/com.xrlab.nymmunity E/Unity: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Wikitude.WikitudeCamera.Update () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 

A unity project without a camera is working fine inside Android studio when unity is used as a library.

Since missing unity_android_bridge.arr, I also tried to add it as a library inside the Android studio and synced.

I don't know it is a correct method or not but Android studio Logcat showing unity_android_bridge.arr is unable to locate.

What still I am trying to do is

Opening UnityPlayerActivity.class from an empty android activity on button click.

https://www.wikitude.com/external/doc/documentation/6.1/unity/setupguideunity.html

Here you specified how to launch it from Android studio.

But I wanted the entire unity project as a library for using inside Native android application.

@Mirko can you send the project file.

Yes i can do that. I give you my email so we can stay in contact. mirko.gleichauf@iteos.de

Best regards

Mirko

ERROR: Unable to resolve dependency for ':unityLibrary@debugAndroidTest/compileClasspath': Could not find :unity_android_bridge:.

Show Details

Affected Modules: unityLibrary

ERROR: Unable to resolve dependency for ':unityLibrary@debugUnitTest/compileClasspath': Could not find :android_component:.

Show Details

ERROR: Unable to resolve dependency for ':unityLibrary@debugUnitTest/compileClasspath': Could not find :unity_android_bridge:.

Show Details

I followed the latest unity tutorial and I am getting this error while integrating Wikitude cam. Please help me to solve this ASAP

Regards,

Jibin John

Login or Signup to post a comment