Start a new topic

architectsdk:// Url gives ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME error on Android

I was previously using version 7.x of wikitude SDK which was working fine with setOnUrlInvokeCallback

and architectsdk:// links.

However, I had to update to 8.2 in order to publish for iOS as I need iOS 12 support. Since updating, Android no longer respects architectsdk:// links and I get Web page not available: ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME errors on all my Android test devices. This goes for any sort of architectsdk:// links testing on Android 8.

Any information would be much appreciated.

Hi,

architectsdk:// Url and it's java counterpart ArchitectView.registerUrlListener were deprecated for some time and were removed on Android with 8.0. There is however a new API to replace this functionality: AR.platform.sendJSONObject in JS and ArchitectView.addArchitectJavascriptInterfaceListener on the Java side. This can also be seen in several examples of the example app (e.g. capture screen or gestures). We apologize for the inconsistency between Android and iOS and will fix this with future updates.

Best Regards,

Alex

2 people like this

we have that same problem now on android, after upgrading to SDK 8.2 from 7.x.

Did the previous posters get any solution yet?

Same error with Titanium SDK

Are there any workarounds to this? It makes it impossible to pass data back from the wikitude view to the Cordova view on Android but I need the latest version in order to target iOS 12.

Correct, 7.x was working fine. I upgraded to 8.2 to fix iOS submission and now architectsdk:// links are not working (note - the issue only exists on Android).

I've tried removing plugins and reinstalling - removing platforms and reinstalling. Still no good.

Hi,

So this issue only occured once you switched from the Wikitude Cordova Extension version 7.x to the latest one? 

Greetings

Nicola

Login or Signup to post a comment