Start a new topic

Instant Tracker and Object Tracker Together?

I am working on a project for which I plan to use object tracking, but with the gameObject prefab placing functionality of Instant Tracking example, along with the saving and loading feature. Is it feasible to use Instant Tracker and Object Tracker together? Or is there a better workaround?

Hi, 

It is not possible at the moment to use both and Instant and an Object Tracker at the same time. However, the placing functionality can be ported to use an Object Tracker, as well as saving and loading of augmentations.

If you can tell us a bit more about your use case, we can provide additional assistance.

Best regards,

Alexandru

I'm about to work on an application that would detect machinery and show name tags of each part within the scan. These name tags can be placed at runtime by admin users.

Hi,

The placing functionality for the Instant Tracking example is mostly provided by the MoveController.cs and ScaleController.cs, which can be easily ported to work with an Object Tracker. 

I would suggest starting by studying these scripts, as well as the InstantTrackingController.cs, to see how they work, and then try to port them to use an Object Tracker.

Best regards,

Alexandru

Login or Signup to post a comment