Start a new topic

wikitudestudioandroidapptemplate query

Hi,

This problem is probably simple, but im new to this so apologies in advance.

I have my license key which obviously relates to a particular package name.

I presumed the easiest way to implement the wikitude AR into my project was to download the example and build around that.

The problem is, is that that sample is under the package name wikitudestudioandroidapptemplate and refactoring doesnt seem to be working properly.

Whats the easiest way to do this?

Cheers

Hi Marc,

So if I understand correctly, your issue is that you do not know where to put the license key that you have. Please make sure to follow the guidelines provided here on how to get started and how to associate an app id with your license key. 

Let me know if you still have questions,

Eva

Hey,

Unfortunately not. 

What im asking is, how do i either change the name of the wikitudestudioandroidapptemplate to suit my own, or if not how do i import the sample app into my own project.

Cheers

Hi Marc,

if I am not mistaken, you are using Wikitude Studio. So I think that the easiest way for you would be to download our sample from here and build your project around that. Our sample contains many examples so you can easily delete those that you do not need.

Thanks

Eva

That's what I'm trying to tell you. I'm building my app around your sample but this means the package name is incorrect, therefore my license won't work. Refactoring isn't working with it, so I need to find out how to completely change the package name or your sample. Cheers

Hi Marc,

Could you please refer to the first forum post and follow the link and the guidelines there?

You will find the section on how to change the package name under:

• Open build.gradle from your module, add the wikitudesdk.aar as a dependency and tell gradle to search the libs folder, like in the code below.
 defaultConfig {
        applicationId "xxxx"
    }

The trial license key that you have downloaded from here works with any package name.

Thanks

Eva

It's not a trial license, it's a startup license that only works with my package name.

Then put the startUp license key you have received and also put your package name. So, the code would be 

defaultConfig {
        applicationId "com.cfa.android.castlefineartarhang"
    }

Thanks

Eva

If i change the defaultConfig to that, i get:

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:

Execution failed for task ':app:generateDebugBuildConfig'.

Hi Marc!

Your observed issue is closer to general Android Studio questions and not Wikitude AR SDK specific.

Please have a look at stackoverflow (e.g. this post) or other forums.

I hope you understand that this forum is only investigating product related topics in more detail.

Best regards,
Andreas

Login or Signup to post a comment