Start a new topic
Solved

How to change attribute (height) of a component within 3D model (.wt3) dynamically

Hi,

I have a component made up of a series of sub-components. Based on a dynamic value I want to render a sub-components height based on this dynamic value.

So for example, my sub-component is a rectangle, and I want to adjust this sub-components height (Y-axis) based on this value.

It's not clear to me how in wikitude I can reference a specific sub-component (Mesh?) in the model and adjust its attributes.

Thanks,

Mike  

Good morning MIke.

I'm afraid you can't. You can only set the transformation of the entire model. We do not provide access to sub-meshes. You will have to split your one model into multiple models and load them separately, such that you have an AR.Model for each sub-mesh you want to transform individually.

Alternatively, you might be able to use animations instead. For example an animation that moves a certain sub-mesh somewhere and a complementary animation that moves it back to its original position. this would not necessarily have to be a continuous animation, you could have it 'snap' from its initial position to its intended position from one frame to the other.

- Daniel

Thanks Daniel - I've gone down the first route which works well. My only problem now is the issue with the 3D encoder that doesn't seem to render opacity of materials very well but I raised this in another thread. 

Mike  

Login or Signup to post a comment