Start a new topic

Drag and rotate bug iOS 12

Hello,

my application was working pretty well with iOS 11 but after I have updated to iOS 12 there seems to be a bug when rotating my model.

After the app is started everythings works fine and I can drag my model around as I am used to it. But after I have rotated the model with 2 fingers around the Z-axis dragging is not working anymore.

It looks like the "rotation mode" is still active and when I try to drag the model with 1 finger it keeps spinning around the Z-axis.

The problem only occurs on iPhone SE with iOS 12. 

On iPad Air with iOS 11 everything works as expected.

On Android everythings works ok as well.

I am using SDK 8.

Is this a known bug caused by the update to iOS 12?

With regards,
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

thx for approaching us with this. We investigated this in the last days as well. Please feel free to download a first attempt on solving this issue here. In case you try it out, please let me know how it works for you.

Thx,

Andreas

PS: Your license might not be valid as the linked framework is a Wikitude SDK 8.1 but, so you might see a watermark but gestures should work as expected.

Hello,
I am using Xamarin.
Is the version in the link above Xamarin compatible?

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

no, it's the plain JS API SDK for iOS. Here is a download link for a NuGet package.

Best regards,
Andreas Schacherbauer

Hi,
unfortunately the bug still occurs in the new SDK version.

Best regards,
Stefan

Hi,

our internal tests are all fine, so I would like to continue investigating why it's not resolved for you. Can you send me the build details on the SDK that is used in your project. Our SDK has an API to get an object that contains build date, type and some more information. Our example application also access this information in case you need a reference on how to get to the information.

Best regards,
Andreas Schacherbauer

iOS 12 this oerating system I used and after that it will very special for all. So for that I have some tricks to do it. So I have used it and I rotate and drag so many things by it. So if you faced this type of problem then just reset the whole thing, so if you want to know more then Apps Development Services  just visit with it.

Hello,
here is the information about the used SDK:

Wikitude SDK version 8.1.0 is running.

Wikitude Build Date: Tue Sep 11 15:05:37 2018

Wikitude Build Number: 150

Wikitude Build Configuration: release

Best regards,
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

This is our official SDK 8.1 release that you're using which doesn't contain the fix. I'm not sure if I send you the wrong link, so here is again one to our latest nightly build that contains the fix.

Please check the SDK build information again after you updated the NuGet package to ensure that the new version of our SDK is used (Maybe you need to do a full clean build so that VS picks up the updated library).

Best regards,
Andreas Schacherbauer

Hello,
I've tried clean&rebuild several times but the SDK version in the link you provided still seems to be the 8.1 release.

I have no idea about what I'm doing wrong.

Will there ever be a SDK 8.0.x version containing the bugfix you mentioned above? I have a one time fee license and as a result I have no chance to use SDK 8.1 without buying an upgrade license.

Your license terms state that bugfixes are also delivered for older SDK versions. Only upgrades are excluded. So I guess there well be a 8.0 bugfix version available soon?

Best regards,
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Version number should still be 8.1.0, that's fine. What should have changed is the build number and build date.

Best regards,
Andreas Schacherbauer

Login or Signup to post a comment