Start a new topic

Furniture tracking sample in Android

is there any furniture tracking sample available for Android ? I'm new to AR development and finding it difficult to get started for this use case. I see many wikitude videos showcasing this feature, but no android sample I could find. 

Hi,

The videos you're referring to sound like you mean our Instant Tracking feature, which allows you to position - in this case furniture - anywhere, as the surrounding is tracked. If this is the case, then our sample app offers a sample for exactly this use case. The best way to start is to check out the sample app which comes with the SDK download package together with the respective documentation section.

Each section includes a set-up guide, which helps you set up your project.

Greetings

Nicola

I checked the sample app. its a good starting point.  but still from there the learning curve to build a AR shopping app is too steep. Being new AR world, it would have be great to get a sample for this use case. 

as AR shopping apps are getting so popular, wouldn't it be nice to provide such a sample. it will help lots of poeple. I see lots of osome videos but when i sit down to create one, it feels impossible even with Wikitude SDK. I just keep wondering how such things are made possible.  

Would be possible to open source any such sample ? it would be great learning. 

Hi,

Thx for your feedback. Unfortunately we don't have any other samples than the ones we provide in our sample app and the detailed description within the documentation section. But we'll add it to our sample idea list, that we should a simpler sample.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Login or Signup to post a comment