Start a new topic

Combining Instant Tracking and Object Tracking doesn't seem to work (native Android)

Hi,

I'm trying to combine instant tracking (SLAM) for annotations (freehand drawing in video) and object tracking of predefined target collections (WTO) in one Activity

I want predefined objects to be detected and tracked but I also want to allow the user to add additional annotations.

So combination of wikitudeSDK.getTrackerManager().createObjectTracker(...) and wikitudeSDK.getTrackerManager().createInstantTracker(...)

I'm currently using the native android 7.2 SDK

If I comment out the SLAM code, the object tracking works and vice versa.

Is there something I'm doing wrong or is this just not supported?

Hi,

Combining those 2 features in one AR view without the need to switch / choose one of those 2 is currently not supported. But we have it on our feature list to have seamless integration of all recognition modes, but at the moment I can't give any timelines if or when this will be implemented.

Greetings

Nicola

Ok, that's too bad..
Suggestion: it might be interesting to log some warnings or throw exceptions in case multiple trackers are created. (since the API allows it...)

Hi,

You can create different trackers (e.g. also like in the sample app for the sample that shows Image Recognition and Geobased AR in one experience) - but only one tracker can be active at a time. 

Greetings

Nicola

That's what I'm doing now.
I've built in a switch which destroys one tracker and initializes the other and also removes all renderables.
I first thought I could workaround the issue by initially tracking an object and then switch to instant tracking to also update the projection and view matrices of the cube around the tracked object. But due to the required initialisation phase, this won't work...

Grts,
Yannick

Are there any updates on combining Object Tracking and Image Tracking on the same Activity / View Controller?

Hi Julio,

This feature / posibility to have different 'Tracker Types' in one view combined without switching, is on our feautre list. But not available in the SDK. I can't give any timeline if or when this feature is implemented.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Login or Signup to post a comment