Start a new topic
Solved

Combining Camera Feeds with Wikitude

I am developing a video calling application in Unity using WebRTC with Wikitude for the Moverio glasses. I am having several issues with this as when I have Wikitude running in my application I am no longer able to stream the video from the Moverio camera. I am able to stream the grid and any objects that are placed on it though.

What is odd about this is that I am able to see the stream of my view from my camera overlayed with the grid while the application is running but only on the glasses display. I do not see anywhere in the Wikitude files that would be rendering the view of the Moverio camera to the viewpoint of the glasses. If I could find the call or part of the application that is creating this rendered view to the glasses I could just send that, even if it would be about a half second delay. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi,

We'll investigate the issue with 8.0 on Moverio. If you have any other issues, please let us know.

Best regards,

Alexandru

Hi, 

When the Wikitude SDK is running, it needs access to the camera, to provide tracking information, so if you were accessing the camera through some other API, that will no longer work. The rendering of the view happens inside the SDK, so you won't be able to see it, but there are a few things you can try.

You can get the camera data either as a GPU texture using the WikitudeCamera.CameraTexture property, or using a plugin. Please see the Plugin sample for more information about that.

Alternatively, you can instruct the SDK to not access the camera anymore and use an Input Plugin. This way, you still have direct access to the camera, but you need to send the camera data to the SDK for tracking. Please see the Input Plugin samples for more information.

Best regards,

Alexandru

Thanks,

I am now running into a different issue where the feed is able to send correctly (I think, hard to tell actually with the watermark but I think it is) but I am getting this error: "Could not check if tracking can be started because the instantTracker doesn't exist!"

This is preventing the grid from being drawn and is also preventing it from switching from the Start Tracking state. This application does work on the desktop but not on the Epson Moverio BT-300 which is what this is being developed for. Any ideas?

Sorry, found out that Moverio specifically doesn't function with the 8.0 Unity plugin of Wikitude. Switching back to 7.2 solved this issue.

Login or Signup to post a comment