Start a new topic

White Screen instead of AR View trying wikitude samples for cordova

Seems like I have posted in the wrong forum and I don't know how to move my thread, sorry for that!

I'm looking into developing a geospatial AR App and therefore want to try out wikitude's instant tracking and Geo AR functionalities. I have setup cordova, added the wikitude plugin, built several of the sample folders for android and ran them on my Samsung S8.

The App launches on my phone but instead of the AR View (i.e. the live camera view) I only see a white screen with some UI elements and the ADE "button" on the bottom right. I have manually configured and granted all permission settings for the app including camera permission. I have tried out different settings in ADE but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference

The only errors I'm getting from the console are for example these, while the latter two appear when I touch anywhere on the white space on the screen:

architect.js:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
ade.js:1 Uncaught TypeError: AR.js.click.executePlatformClick is not a function
at Object.executeClick (ade.js:1)
at HTMLDocument.touchendEvent (ade.js:1)
ade.js:1 Uncaught TypeError: AR.js.click.executePlatformClick is not a function
at Object.executeClick (ade.js:1)
at HTMLDocument.touchendEvent (ade.js:1)

I have also tried the Unity Wikitude samples and with those the camera/AR view works perfectly fine, but because I'm interested in sensor-based Geo AR and those are not available for the native Android API and Unity (yet?), unfortunately this is not an option although I would love to work with Unity.

I have also found the another github sample repo here #https://github.com/Wikitude/wikitude-cordova-plugin-samples but the command line doesn't seem to work on Windows, at least that's what someone from Wikitude responded in an github issue.

How can I get the samples work properly with cordova?

I'm working on Win10 with Wikitude version 8.0.0, Cordova 8.0.0, Samsung Galaxy S8 with Android Oreo 8.0

Login or Signup to post a comment