Start a new topic
Solved

unity Export not working with iOS

Hi,

I am trying to run the examples from unity in an IPhone and it doesn't seem to work.

I am using the latest wikitude SDK ( see screenshot_1).

The export works great with an android phone, but not with an IPhone ( tried iPhoneX and IPhone 6S).

I followed this tutorial : http://www.wikitude.com/external/doc/documentation/latest/iosnative/setupguideiosnative.html#setup-guide-ios-native-api, and my linked Frameworks and libraries looks like the second screenshot.

I have added the binary ( screenshot 3).

My Info.plist should be up to date ( screenshot 4), but I still get this error : 

```

dyld: Symbol not found: __ZN8wikitude3sdk4impl12PluginModule20cameraFrameAvailableERNS1_18ManagedCameraFrameE

Referenced from: /var/containers/Bundle/Application/43410F73-44ED-4A46-9C77-39701FA2F76F/unityexample.app/unityexample

Expected in: /private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/43410F73-44ED-4A46-9C77-39701FA2F76F/unityexample.app/Frameworks/WikitudeSDK.framework/WikitudeSDK

in /var/containers/Bundle/Application/43410F73-44ED-4A46-9C77-39701FA2F76F/unityexample.app/unityexample

```

What am I missing?

Thks,

P

4.png
(158 KB)
3.png
(12.9 KB)
2.png
(132 KB)
1.png
(85.1 KB)

1 person has this problem

Hi, 

I just tried building the example project from the download package for iOS and I didn't experience this problem. However, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with how your project was set up either. Are you also building the example project, or is this your own project?

Are you using Unity 2018.2, or a beta version of Xcode?

I would also check if the WikitudeSDK.framework and the libUnityiOSBridge.a are the same as those from the download package, or if they were corrupted somehow.

Best regards,

Alexandru

I have the exact same problem, works fine on Android but not building with Xcode. I made sure libiPhone-lib.a is under the unity one, no luck.

@pierre Tardif Did you manage to resolve this issue?

These are in my .xib's (iPad & iPhone) and not connected to anything, I assume these are causing the problem? How do I delete those references from code (and get rid of unused connections)?

Thanks

Hi, 

Do you have WikitudeSDK.framework added as an Embedded Binary?

Best regards,

Alexandru

Hi Alexadnru,

I do, though the path shows red in XCode, see below. Also libiconv.2.dylib shows as red.

Thanks,

PJ

I can WeTransfer the project if you want to check it out.

Hi, 

That would be helpful, thanks.

Best regards,

Alexandru

Ok, sorry, realised I'd forgotten to add the WikitudeSDK.framework as an Embedded Binary. Now builds fine!

The problem is now is all I see is the skybox. I'm using the 'Image Tracking - Simple' scene and I've enabled 'Enable Camera Rendering'.

Will look into it a bit more to see if I can resolve it, but if you have any ideas as to what would cause this, I'd appreciate the help!

Thank you,

PJ

Hi,

Please check in your Build Settings that 'Image Tracking - Simple' scene is the first scene in the list. You can check the example project provided in the download package for an example of how it should look.

Best regards,

Alexandru

1 person likes this

Great, thanks!

All working now (it seems!)

Thank you for your support.

PJ

Hi Alexandru,

Well now it works fine...

I was indeed on xcode-beta ( still am).

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, and thanks for your support.

++

Login or Signup to post a comment