Start a new topic

libarchitect.so not being copied to x86_64 libs folder in Android apk build

Hi there.

Having a problem with Xamarin builds targeting x86_64 Android devices. When the apk gets built, libarchitect.so gets put in the lib folder for all other build types, but not for x86_64, as in the attached screenshots.

Its there some setting I'm missing? I'm sure I had this working before.

Thanks 

Simon.

Hi,

Can you please confirm that you're working with the latest SDK version available?

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Hi Nicola.

Yes. It reports as SDK version 8.0.0

Was getting it on 7.2.1 as well.

Thanks

Simon

Hi Simon,

I believe we simply do not provide the Wikitude SDK for that architecture; we only provide armeabi-v7a, arm64-v8a, and x86. We also don't have this architecture among our testing devices. Would you mind telling me, what x86_64 Android device you are using?

Since the x86 library should work in an x86_64 environment, you should be able to simply use that library file instead.

- Daniel

Hi Daniel.

Its a Pegatron (Tesco) Hudl 2 that I'm using (they don't make them anymore, but its a great little tablet for demoing on.)

I'm sure the X86 library does work fine. I had no problems using this device when doing dev work with Wikitude in Android Studio.

The issue is now that I'm using Xamarin in Visual Studio, when it builds the apk, the library doesn't get copied to the correct folder and I've got no way of adding it manually. I'm not that familiar with the internal workings of the Xamarin build process, but I'm guessing its something along the lines of as the library isn't flagged as X68_64, Xamarin won't build it into that particular architectures folder. If there is any way you know of forcing it to do that, or even manually adding the file after the apk is build that'd work.

Thanks

Simon.

Hi Simon,

an apk is simply a zip file. You can extract it, add the x86 library into the x86_64 path and re-zip the resulting files. You should easily be able to automate this with a script as well.

- Daniel

Thanks Daniel.

Learn something new everyday! Thats got a step closer, after working out the right place in the process to edit the apk (before the distribution and signing step for anyone else who might have similar issues).

Sadly it now just reports that the library is 32 bit not 64 bit. 

Looking into it a bit further, running my original project through Android studio onto this device; it only uses the x86 lib folder - not the X64 - and runs fine. So now I'm really confused! It might be something weird in the Visual Studio/Xamarin part that thinks its X86_64 when it isn't.

I'll keep poking around and post if I get any further.

Thanks

Simon.

Turns out I needed to disable both X86_64 and arm64_v8a in the build, and now the Hudl works.

Sorry it took so long for me to work it out!

Thanks

Simon.

Login or Signup to post a comment