Start a new topic

Running Unity Sample on Windows (UWP)

Hi,

Has anyone been able to run the Unity sample project on Windows 10 with success?

I set up everything according to the documentation (IL2CPP, PC-only, D3D, etc.) and all I get is red camera frames and lots of access violation exceptions.

Are there any other special requirements to get this to work on Windows?

Thanks,

Lukasz

Hi, 

I'm glad it's working on the SP now and thank you for testing again. It's true that at the moment other hardware might not be compatible, but we're working on improving this.

However, the Editor Live Preview should be working on such hardware, just the final UWP build might not be compatible.

I would expect that the front camera is working on the SP4. Have you tried the Camera Controls sample from our sample project? If so, can you please post any errors from the device log?

Best regards,

Alexandru

UPDATE:

I have been fiddling around with WikitudeCamera options and it seems like it is not possible to switch to front facing camera neither via DevicePosition nor RemoteCameraPosition properties. It works on SP4 but with back camera.

Any particular reason front camera is not supported or is it just a bug?

Thanks,

Lukasz

Hi,

I built the app one more time with the latest download of the Wikitude SDK (6th of July).

Runnin on SP4 it works nicely now. However, I still can't get it to work on any other hardware (i.e. laptop with built in camera). Maybe it's related to camera selection logic that works well on SP4 but not if laptop has only single front-facing camera. I will do some more testing later today.

Thanks,

Lukasz

Hi, 

Thank you for verifying. If possible, can you please also post the logs from the Surface Pro 4?

Thank you,

Alexandru

Hi,

I tested on Surface Pro 4 and Lenovo W541 laptop with similar results. In both cases I got the camera permission popup (and made sure that in OS Camera Privacy settings the sample app is listed and enabled). Restarted the app few times and nothing has changed. 

Also in the instant tracking sample dragging the height (scale) slider did not change the grid surface size. It looked like everything was static. 

I was running on latest Unity 2018.1 but also tried 2018.2 to see if that helps - it didn't.

Thanks,

Lukasz

Hi, 

Thank you for testing and posting the log.

On what device are you running? Is it a Surface tablet, a regular PC with a webcam attached, or something else?

When starting the sample for the first time, did you get a camera permission popup?

Thank you,

Alexandru

Tried running the sample project and it still does not work. Now it does not throw any exceptions or SIGSEGV but the camera viewfinder is completely black. I made sure all settings are as per documentation (D3D, IL2CPP, PC-only, Webcam/InternetClient capabilities are set, D3D11 rendering, targeting RS4 SDK 10.0.17134.0, running Debug|x64 or Release|x64). Is there anything else one needs to do in order to run Examples project from the Wikitude Unity SDK package?

I attached logs from Visual Studio in case that help you out to see what's possibly wrong.

Thanks,

Lukasz

txt
(10.3 KB)
Nice! Can't wait to check it out! Will try it later today and let you know. Thanks!

Hi Luk,

We just released our final version of SDK 8 - can you please download this final version from the download page and try with this one?

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Hi Luk,

We plan to have a new release ready within the next days, which solves a lot of Unity /UWP issues from the beta. We'll let you know once the build is ready.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Login or Signup to post a comment