Start a new topic

Can't see labels augmentations from WTO object created on Wikitude Studio

Hi Wikitude people,

I'm using Javascript Android SDK 8.0 beta, i've created a WTO file from wikitude studio with 2 objects. Each of one of this objects have augmentations (labels), when i add this file to example project in BasicObjectTracking (just copy to assets folder and rename the firetruck.wto file to test.wto) and make the app i execute the scene, this recongize my object but i can't see the text augmentations that i've created before. I can see the cones generated but not the text label augmentation from WTO file. What i have to do to see this augmentations from WTO file in my example app? maybe i'm not doing well the things but i can't find any solution for this case, i always see another objects (WT3) for augmentations different of WTO file, and not just one WTO file with the tracker and augmentations. Could you please help me?, i really appreceate this.

I've attached the wto file if these is needed.

Thank you so much

Best regards,

Sergio Ramírez

wto
(3.47 MB)

Hi,

Can you please send over the complete AR experience (.html files, js files, css, assets, wto file...) to forum [at] wikitude.com, so we can reproduce this issue?

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

Thank you for your answer, here i attach the files in a zip file.

Greetings from Colombia.

Sergio Ramíresz

zip

Hi,

Thx for sharing the experience. Can you also share the images (if you work with the SDK 8 beta) or video (if you work with SDK 7) that were used to generate the .wto file?

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

I send you a link to google drive because the images exceeds the limit size, this is the link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BmfXYgoiEtgdFwdh1Zhei51apN6W5xjY , here are the images used for generate the targets.

Thank you,

Sergio

Hi,

I had a look at the simpleobjecttracking.js file of your experience and I couldn't find any label augmenation definition there. Can you please check if if you have the correct code / mothds using for showing AR.Label. As you mentioned 'not the text label augmentation from WTO file' -> where did you define these text labels. If it was in the Studio Editor, then with the launch of our next SDK version (planned for the next days) the Studio Editor will also support the Hosting / Export of Studio Editor Projects created for SDK 8 (image based .wto files).

Greetings

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

I did some test with the SDK's official release, but i couldn't see the labels generated from Wikitude Studio (I didn't make the augmentations by code, only using Wikitude Studio). Another thing is that i generated some new targets but the app doesn't recognize the object, i tried with almost 5 targets and without positives results. I don't know if i'm doing someting wrong, but it seems that the wikitude studio is not working well, could you confirm if there anything that may are failing with Wikitude Studio or with the SDK?.

I attach the wto files for 2 objets generated in wikitude studio, this 2 have 3 stars, but the app can't get it recognize.

I really apreciate your help.

Greetings from Colombia

Sergio
zip
wto
(4.18 MB)

Hi Sergio,

We're currently working on enabling all the Export and Hosting options with the Studio Editor. This will happen within the next few days. At the moment you unfortunately can't use the Studio Editor to add augmenations to a SDK 8 Object Recognition project. You'd need to add the augmenations manually as done in the SDK sample app.

Greetings

Nicola

Hi again Nicola,

I saw the improvements to Wikitude Studio, it looks really nice, you're doing an amazing job, the object cloud is much better than before. I just have a question, it's the Wikitude Studio able to add augmentations, or this function is not functional right now?, is just for know and work definitively with code, i did a test but it doesn't work for me :(, maybe i'm doing something wrong or maybe it's not working yet. Thank you so much for your response.

Greetings

Sergio

Hi Sergio,

Yes with the Studio Editor you can also add augmentations for the object targets. What was the issue when you tried it? It should work the same way as with the image targets - you upload the images for the object target - open it in the Editor, add an Aumgentation and then test.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

I tried to put a label and a button over the object, but when i build the project and open the example app in my phone, i only see the default augmentation for the firetruck (the cones), but not the label and button. I don't know if i have to make any instance to make the label and the button visible. The documentation it's not too much clear for me, but with your help i think that i can make this works. Thank you so much.

Greetings

Sergio

Hi sergio,

Did you make sure to clean the project and that all the references within the code (e.g still use the firetruck .wto file somewhere in the code), don't reference to the firetruck anymore? Please recheck and if the problem persists, please send the complete AR experience (html, css, js files, assets, wto file...) and the images that you used to created the .wto file.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

I made all the cleans of firetruck stuff, now the "test.wto" file is the target in the example, i commented all the code that relates to the firetruck example. I attach this example in the next links:

Example code and assets: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ante2yUfLtGarH7xEikErlqEzmX38HVw

Images: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1m_HeFqr6JZlb0RyNycytIu1IXjJRH9CP

Now, when the app recognizes the pyramid, the loading message dissapear (that indicates to me that recognizes the object), but don't show any augmentations. I tried to see documentations and other examples and i think that the problem is in the drawables, because i don't know how to intent augmentations from .wto file and insert into drawables. Unfortunately i couldn't find any example which shows how to make any example with a wto file which have augmentations, the unique example shows an export app but this is for sdk 7, in sdk 8 this option doesn't exist. I think i'm near to the solution, but i don't know how to intent the augmentations from wto file in the drawables, the documentation is not clear for me because only shows how to make drawables from image, labels, video, etc. but not from the wto files.

Finally, this is a screenshot of the augmentations that i created over the object in wikitude studio. This is what i hope to see when the object is recognized by the app.

Thank you for all your help.

Sergio Ramírez

Here is the screenshot

Hi,

In your code you commented out the augmentation definitions. Generally you have 2 options:

- working with the Studio Editor: We're currently working on adding the 'export' option for Object Recognition projects - this is planned to be deployed next week.

- developing the AR experience using HTML technologies within the SDK directly - this is currently the way how you can implement the AR experience until the Studio deployment for the project export is done.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment