Start a new topic
Solved

wikitude CordovaError: Failed to fetch plugin

Hi i am trying to build an App that will use the wikitude plugin

I am building it in Ionic 3

But I cant install the plugin

I try adding the plugin like this:

$ ionic cordova plugin add https://github.com/Wikitude/wikitude-cordova-plugin.git

And try like this:

$ cordova plugin add https://github.com/Wikitude/wikitude-cordova-plugin.git

But I always get this error:

(node:14964) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: CordovaError: Failed to fetch plugin https://github.com/Wikitude/wikitude-cordova-plugin.git via registry.

Probably this is either a connection problem, or plugin spec is incorrect.

Check your connection and plugin name/version/URL.

Error: cmd: Command failed with exit code 1 Error output:

npm ERR! code ENOGIT

npm ERR! No git binary found in $PATH

npm ERR!

npm ERR! Failed using git.

npm ERR! Please check if you have git installed and in your PATH.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:

npm ERR! C:\Users\Dani\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache\_logs\2018-06-27T21_38_38_098Z-debug.log

at C:\Users\Dani\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\cordova\node_modules\cordova-lib\src\plugman\fetch.js:173:37

at _rejected (C:\Users\Dani\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\cordova\node_modules\q\q.js:864:24)

at C:\Users\Dani\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\cordova\node_modules\q\q.js:890:30

at Promise.when (C:\Users\Dani\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\cordova\node_modules\q\q.js:1142:31)

at Promise.promise.promiseDispatch (C:\Users\Dani\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\cordova\node_modules\q\q.js:808:41)

at C:\Users\Dani\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\cordova\node_modules\q\q.js:624:44

at runSingle (C:\Users\Dani\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\cordova\node_modules\q\q.js:137:13)

at flush (C:\Users\Dani\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\cordova\node_modules\q\q.js:125:13)

at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:131:7)

at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:180:9)

(node:14964) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 1)

(node:14964) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.

Can you help me with this?

Thank you.

Hi,

Are you working with the Ionic 3 plugin. If so, you will have to take up this issue maintainers of the Wikitude Ionic starter app.

We do not have any in-house Ionic competencies, which is why we cannot offer support in that regard.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

No, I am NOT working with the Ionic 3 plugin.

I am flowing your Setup Guide Cordova CLI.

On section 5 it seas:

Now add the Wikitude SDK to the project by installing the Wikitude Cordova Plugin
 $ cordova plugin add https://github.com/Wikitude/wikitude-cordova-plugin.git

That's where I get the error.

Please help.

Thank you.

Hi,

Does the same happen if you download the package from the SDK download package and follow the build instructions?

Greetings

Nicola

No I did not try.

It is much more complicated.

Y is the not github insolation working?

Please check it

Thank you.

Hi,

We're not aware of any issues with buidling with the Cordova Plugin. It's one of our most used SDK versions and there weren't any reports recently with issues like this. This is why I wanted to make sure that you try the different ways to install. Still from your calls it looks like you're working with Ionic, which is not officially supported by Wikitude - you mentioned that you're building it in Ionic 3. Is this the case? If so, the issue might be related to your build environment.

Greetings

Nicola

Hello,

I had the same problem, but have resolved it. Downloading the SDK from github and adding it from the local folder worked for me. The command line is

cordova plugin add <THE_LOCAL_PATH>

I thought adding the plugin manually is much more complicated but after opening an issue on the wikitude github, someone helped me out there.

Best regards.

Login or Signup to post a comment