Start a new topic

malloc problem on iOS

Hello,

So, I've encountered this issue for the past 2 days and I am not able to get to the root of the problem. When I'm calling the createImageTrackerFromTargetCollectionResource:delegate:configuration method, there is an exception raised by memory allocation issues. The console shows:

malloc: *** mach_vm_map(size=1819115520) failed (error code=3)

*** error: can't allocate region

*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug

The .wtc file exists in the NSURL passed to the method and it's only 263 bytes. 

Despite of the error being raised, there is a WTImageTracker object created but it doesn't recognise any of the targets. 

I am calling this from Swift 4.1 code and I'm using the version 7.2.1 of your SDK.

This started happening randomly. Everything was working fine during testing and next time it compiled, it started happening and it hasn't stopped.

Any help into solving this will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Rod

Hi Rod,

Can you describe your setup in more detail? Maybe you can share a demo project or a snippet of your code that shows the Wikitude SDK usage.

Is the same log occurring if you use our example app?

Best regards,
Andreas Schacherbauer

Hi,

I have seen exactly the same message, although I am using the Javascript SDK 7.2.1.

In my case, mach_vm_map failure occurs because the javascript SDK is generating wrong URL to download my *.wtc and other  resources, resulting in HTTP server returning bogus response.  If you are downloading your *.wtc from a web server,  you might  want to check the server access log. 

Login or Signup to post a comment