Start a new topic

Getting Build Error: A library uses the same package as this project: com.wikitude.unity

Hello dear community, 

I am trying to build the sample scenes provided in the SDK for Android but I am getting the error as listed above:

A library uses the same package as this project: com.wikitude.unity

Of course my package name is not the same. The Unity version is 2018.1.0b11.

Can  somebody help me out here please?

Best regards

Hi,

Does this also happen with stable releases of Unity (2017.3 for example)?

Thank you, 

Alexandru

I have also experienced the same behaviour running Unity 2017.4.1f1 and the latest Wikitude.

Best regards

Also Unity 2017.3.1p1 (64-bit)

Same issue.  Any luck?

Hi,

Are you building the apk directly in Unity, or are you exporting the project first and then building it?

Does this happen with our unmodified sample project as well, or only when importing the package in a new project?

Thank you,

Alexandru

I successfully built and ran the unmodified sample instant tracking application using Unity 2017.3. ( It failed to build in 2018.1) With my own company and product name in player settings for android. However, the application only shows a white screen with ground finder grid and never activates the camera or model furniture. Its a samsung galaxy s7 with android version 7.

I had the same problem but solved it by changing the 'Build System' type. Change the 'Build Settings->Android->Build System from 'Gradle' to 'internal'. Hope it helps.

Login or Signup to post a comment