Start a new topic

Doubts with geolocation positions

I have a question about the location of a geopositioning element in the camera.

It's more about a perspective issue, and I do not know if I'm doing something wrong, or if that's how it should looks like.

The object that I have geopositioning is not seen in perspective at the point where it should be, and it's not a GPS issue (I think).

As I move toward the point, it moves with me until I reach its lat/lon position, and I see it right below me, so the geolocation is correct.

Is this kind of perspective problem normal? Am I doing something wrong?

I attach an image where I mark where the earth object should be.

Thank you!

1 person has this problem

Hi Carlos,

When you are working with GeoLocation features (especially in Android), you should keep in mind that there could be a deviation of some meters. One thing you could do to improve the performance is to make sure that the GPS provider you are using is accurate enough and it does not influence the results. I would recommend using GooglePlay Location Service to not rely on a manual GPS fetching approach.

I hope this helps

Eva

Hi Eva, thank you for your response.

The GPS Accuracy was 3 meters, and the point where the earth should be was more or less 30 meters away. ¿Do you think it's a GPS problem?

Anyway, I'm going to try to install a googleplay location service in the cordova project, and see if it improves the experience.

Thank you.

Hi Eva,google play location service checked. It still working in the same manner. It's not a GPS issue. The point should be represented 30 meters way.

In this video you can see it perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp3eYuZwfys

Any ideas?

Hi Carlos ,

Have you found any solution for this ?

I'm facing exactly the same issue . 

Platform used:

Ionic + Cordova + iOS

Thankyou

Hi Habibu,

I'm afraid I cannot provide any assistance for Ionic. Not only because we don't provide official support for it, but, more practically, because we (as in all of the SDK developers) do not have any Ionic knowledge or experience. The Ionic extension was developed independently by a third party and we simply provide a download link for it.

You could, if this issue is still current, try to reproduce it in our Cordova sample app which we provide a generation script for. So the setup process should not be very time consuming. If you are having issues there then I can investigate further.

Thanks

Eva

Dear Eva, 

I have created project with Cordova Samples (Cordova SDK) without Ionic . 

Its very simple project with your SDK , and nothing modified.

Again I am facing same issue .

1. 3D Model unstable. (you can see attached video. Earth model keep on changing) 
  2. Once Model loaded, Model keep on following me everywhere. Model is not fixed in Geo location. (You can see Earth model keep on following me . As per the Code , Earth model should be fixed in mentioned location GPS Coordinates)
Note:
Please reply ASAP since we need to buy this license for our project. 

I have attached Script used and captured video of the issue on - 

07_3dModels_6_3dModelAtGeoLocation

Thanks

Habib

var World = {
	loaded: false,
	rotating: false,
	init: function initFn() {
		AR.context.onLocationChanged = function (latitude, longitude, altitude, accuracy) {
			World.myLocation = {"latitude": latitude, "longitude": longitude, "altitude": altitude};
			if (!World.created) {
			  World.created = true;
			  World.createModelAtLocation(World.myLocation);
			}
		  };
	},
	createModelAtLocation: function createModelAtLocationFn(locationData) {
		var location = new AR.GeoLocation(locationData.latitude, locationData.longitude, AR.CONST.UNKNOWN_ALTITUDE);	
		var modelEarth = new AR.Model("assets/earth.wt3", {
			onLoaded: this.worldLoaded,
			scale: {
				x: 1,
				y: 1,
				z: 1
			}
		});
        var indicatorImage = new AR.ImageResource("assets/indi.png");
        var indicatorDrawable = new AR.ImageDrawable(indicatorImage, 0.1, {
            verticalAnchor: AR.CONST.VERTICAL_ANCHOR.TOP
        });
		var obj = new AR.GeoObject(location, {
            drawables: {
               cam: [modelEarth],
               indicator: [indicatorDrawable]
            }
        });
	},
	worldLoaded: function worldLoadedFn() {
		World.loaded = true;
	}
};
World.init();

mp4

Hi Habibu,

I appreciate your effort for creating a project without Ionic. Here are some tips you need to keep in mind when testing GeoLocation features:

• Make sure you are testing with our latest SDK version, which is 7.2
  • Make sure that your GPS provider is accurate enough and also make sure to calibrate your phone before start testing. Note that the distance calculation highly depends on the accuracy of your LocationProvider implementation. I recommend using GooglePlay Location Service to not rely on a manual GPS fetching approach. You will find more information here.
  • Always test outside

Thanks

Eva

Login or Signup to post a comment