Start a new topic

Initial tests with SDKExamples

Hello, I'm just starting to work on my first ar project with Wikitude and am having trouble with basic image recognition. 

I started with the SDKExamples project and was successful at getting the Image On Target example to work with the existing assets. My next step was to replace the existing target with one of my own images. I used the online Wikitude Studio to create the wtc which I downloaded. I'm unable to get any images to track with my new wtc, there's a single image with a 2 star rating so I assumed it's a good enough image.

The only coding change I made was to add the new tracker

createOverlays: function createOverlaysFn() {

// this.targetCollectionResource = new AR.TargetCollectionResource("assets/magazine.wtc", {  <-- original line

this.targetCollectionResource = new AR.TargetCollectionResource("assets/tracker.wtc", {    <-- new line

});

The sample already includes all targets with a wildcard '*' trackable.

The only difference should be the size of the trackable, I've defined a physical height for the new image that should be valid.

Is there anything I'm missing that would prevent the simple Image on Target from working with my target? 

Hello Matt,

Could you please provide further details on the issue:

• Which version of the SDK are you using?
  • Are you using the JS API?
  • Are you using any of our Extensions (Titanium, Cordova, Xamarin, Unity)? If yes, which version are you using?
  • Could you send over your .wtc target?

Thanks

Eva

Hi Eva, thanks for the reply. 

Device: My device is the Espon BT-300 smart glasses, 

SDK: Latest Wikitude SDK Epson 7.2.1

JS API: My project is the SDKExamples demo from the SDK, I believe it uses the JS API. I'm currently only using the single Image on Target recognition sample.

Extensions: Not using any extensions

WTC Target: I've attached to this response.

The SDKExamples demo works fine with the pre-existing image target magazine.wtc. For my demo I replaced the magazine.wtc with my new tracker.wtc using the code I included in my original email. Unfortunately I can't get a successful image recognition with this new wtc.

Any help you could provide is appreciated! Thanks,

Matt

wtc
(43.2 KB)

Hello Matt,

Could you please try and set the physical height of your image when you create the .wtc file? To set this parameter just right click on the image you have uploaded in Studio, choose the option Properties and set the height in the dialog there. Since our algorithm expects the calibration height to be the same with the image target height, this could be why your target is not recognized.

In addition, when you try to recognize the target, as a first step, get closer to the target, wait until it has been recognized and then step back.

Thanks

Eva

Login or Signup to post a comment