Start a new topic
Solved

Multiple targets issue

I have 2 images we will call them image 1 and image 2 and I have 1 object that needs to pop up when it see either of these images. I have both images in single a .wtc file. Currently when I start the app and point the camera at image 1 the object will appear but when I look at image 2 nothing happens. If I look back at image one the object will re-appear. If I close the app, reopen, and start again with image 2 this time,  it will appear as intended, but then when I look at image 1 nothing happens. Is this a bug? Am I missing something? I've tried with 2 ImageTrackers and also 1 ImageTracker and 2 TrackableImages but neither work.

Thanks in advance

Hello,

If you want to track multiple images at the same time then, please make sure you are following our sample titled 'Multiple Targets' and not Different Targets. In the Multiple Targets sample we explain exactly how to scan and target multiple targets at the same time.

Thanks

Eva

First, thanks for the response. Second, the link you gave for for Android SDK. I'm having this issue in Unity version 2017.1.test

Thanks

Update. Found the unity sample. Used its structure. Now it will not recognize image 2 at all.

Hi,

Does the unchanged Unity sample - app and the 'Multiple Trackers' sample work as expected? This sample shows how to implment image recognition with different target images.

If this is working as expected, then plase have a deeper look at your sample and the differences (e.g. did you make sure that both images are referenced correctly...) to the Wikitude sample.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Compiled the Unity multi-target scene to my phone and it will not recognize any of the images. I'm on unity version 2017.1.0f3. Is there any know issues?

Hi,

So the sample app builds without issues and the sample is not working? Can you please send a screencast which shows the usage of the sample app and the scanning process?

Thx and greetings

Nicola

So it's extended tracking that is causing the issue. I need the extended tracking to work because we have detail in the the models that we get close up on. Is there a way to work around this?

Hi,

Please provide exact details on what is not working - pls send error logs, description on what is happening and / or a video which shows the scanning process.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Please see original post for description of what is happening. This happens when I have one .wtc file with 2 images inside, 1 image tracker with 2 trackable images under it, and extended tracking turned on for both. If extended tracking is off they both show fine and work as intended, mostly. I have noticed that if you have both images in the camera's view at once both objects will jump to a single image.

Thx for the clarification - now it's clearer what you're experiencing. If you work with several image targets in extended tracking you'll need to stop the tracking of one image to being able to start the recognition and tracking of another image. You'll need to use this call for this:

void Wikitude.ImageTracker.StopExtendedTracking()

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Pardon my ignorance but from where should I call this? I tried a script but it will not compile.

Thanks

Never mind I sorted it out. Thanks for the help.

I'm having the same issue atm:

Using Unity 2019.2.15f1

Wikitude 8.10

Setup: 4 markers in one wtc file

Goal: I want to use ExtendedTracking for every marker. Concurrent Targets is set to 2. Idea is to have one marker detected and use ExtendedTracking. Now when another marker is detected the second marker should be shown. Marker one should stop and the ExtendedTracking of marker one should stop.

Using Wikitude.ImageTracker.StopExtendedTracking() results in an endless loop of triggering image detection again and again when used in OnImageRecognized.

@n n it would be nice to post more details on the solution next time.
I'll try a new projects and have a deeper look into the Wikitude Multi Targets sample. Not sure if multi targets and extended tracking work together at all? So it would be nice to have an answer to that question or feedback if my "goal" (see above) is possible.

Thanks

how to track multiple image targets in current version.In current version the multiple image tracking scene is not available

Login or Signup to post a comment