Start a new topic

Android sample not working

I am trying to un the sample SDK for Native android but it just shows me error as below.

Error:error: ****/WikitudeSDK_NativeAPI_Android_7-1-0_2017-09-20_18-04-12/Examples/NativeSDKExamples/plugins/src/main/cpp/jni/../lib/x86/libippicv.a(jmp_icvippiTranspose_16u_C4IR_as.s.o): relocation R_386_GOTOFF against preemptible symbol icv_ippJumpIndexForMergedLibs cannot be used when making a shared object

4 people have this problem

Hello,

Did you make sure that you downloaded Native SDK from the Download page and followed the instructions provided here?

Thanks
Eva

Hi,

I have the same problem.

I downloaded mentioned sdk and try run a demo app.

1 person likes this

Error:error: /Volumes/Media/projects/WikitudeSDK_NativeAPI_Android_7-1-0_2017-09-20_18-04-12/Examples/NativeSDKExamples/plugins/src/main/cpp/jni/../lib/x86/libippicv.a(jmp_icvippiMirror_8u_C3IR_as.s.o): relocation R_386_GOTOFF against preemptible symbol icv_ippJumpIndexForMergedLibs cannot be used when making a shared object

Error:error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Does anyone know how to run a sample app from SDK ?

Thanks

1 person likes this
Hello Andrzej,

Which iOS version are you using? Please note that our new Native SDK 7 requires iOS 9 or later, since the Wikitude Native SDK is configured as a dynamic framework to support ObjC and Swift.

Thanks
Eva

Hi, I have a same problem. How to solve it? Thanks

Hi,

Could you please tell me which iOS version you are using and provide more details regarding your issue?

Thanks

Eva

i have this issue too, followed the youtube tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux4HbnUjNMc

i run Android studio 3.0.1 on windows 10.

This is in my build.gradle (project:  SDKExamples):

buildscript {
repositories {
jcenter()
maven {
url 'https://maven.google.com'
}
}
dependencies {
classpath 'com.android.tools.build:gradle:2.3.3'
}
}

subprojects {
ext.commonCompileSdkVersion = 26
ext.commonBuildToolsVersion = "26.0.0"
ext.commonMinSdkVersion = 19
ext.commonTargetSdkVersion = 26
ext.commonSupportLibVersion = "26.0.0"
}

Hi,

the error you are getting is due to OpenCV not being able to be built for the x86 architecture using NDK version 16. OpenCV is only used in the face detection plugin, so you could just not build the plugin library for the x86 architecture to circumvent this issue altogether. 

Alternatively, if you want to run one of the plugin samples on an x86 device, you could use an older version of the NDK. Internally we are using r14b and have not had this issue yet.

- Daniel

does this also count for the Javascript SDK? i will try to install r14B once i figured out how to do that in android studio

Edit: looks like "local.properties" has a property:

ndk.dir=C\:\\Users\\X\\AppData\\Local\\Android\\Sdk\\ndk-bundle
sdk.dir=C\:\\Users\\X\\AppData\\Local\\Android\\Sdk

Awesome, i'll try this

Hi,

You can also remove the dependency to the plugins module in the app module (build.gradle). This should make everything work as expected except the plugins samples. If you want to try out the plugins samples you could also try to disable the plugins build for the x86 architecture.

Best Regards,

Alex

Yes thanks i changed it to minimum api 23 so i could do requests, then i added:

if (ContextCompat.checkSelfPermission(this, Manifest.permission.CAMERA)
                != PackageManager.PERMISSION_GRANTED) {
            // Permission is not granted
            System.out.println("test3: you dont have permission");

System.out.println("test4: hij request permission!");
            ActivityCompat.requestPermissions(this,
                    new String[]{Manifest.permission.CAMERA},
                    1);

}else{
            System.out.println("test5: it does something else?!");
        }

And boom! It asked me for permmission. I clicked yes, but then it went back to the trial window.. :(
When i restart the app, it doesnt ask for permission anymore because i already gave it.

Hi all,

A beta version of SDK 8 is now available for developers on the download page offering support for Android Studio 3.x and Gradle 3.

Thanks

Eva

Login or Signup to post a comment