Start a new topic

Black screen after camera permission

Hi, 

We've upgrade from Wikitude 5 to 7.1 and we have a black screen after acception camera permission.

We leave the view and when we come back then Wikitude is loaded without error.

May you help ?

Best regards, 

Richard.

Hi Richard,

Could you please tell me which SDK you are testing with (Javascript, Native or Extensions)?

Thanks
Eva

Hi Eva, 

Thank you for your reply and sorry for the mission information.

I am using Javascript SDK and the problem occurs on iOS platform.

The wikitude sdk request the permission but after I have a black screen ; when I go back to the view then everything is ok.

Best regards, 

Richard.

Hello Richard,

As a first step, please make sure that you have migrated correctly. There are several changes you need to do in order to use the latest SDK. Please have a look at the documentation section here for more details.

Eva

Hi Eva, 

Migration is quite ok because it works when I come back in the view after permission request.

It occurs only the first time, to reproduce the problem, delete old version on your iPhone and install it again.

Best regards, 

Richard.

Hi Richard,

With SDK 6.0 we introduced a new class that you can use to handle permission requests in an individual step before the SDK is started. This helps you to explain your users why certain permissions are needed and which might be missing. All of our examples include this. The class is called `WTAuthorizationRequestManager` and documented here. You find it's usage in the Wikitude iOS JS API example app in the class `WTMainTableViewController.m` starting with line 144.

Best regards,

Andreas

Hi Andreas, 

Thank you very much for your help, it helped me solve my problem.

Best regards, 

Richard.

Hi Richard,

I'm glad you could solve your problem with the new API!

Best regards,

Andreas

I am also having this problem in Cordova plugin on the iOS device. 

Is there any way we can check this or get permission from the Cordova plugin?

Hi Hardik,

Our latest Cordova example app contains such a check. Please refer to our example application index.js file line 82 (function 'prepareArchitectWorld').

Please let me know if that was helpful for you.

Best regards,

Andreas

Hi.

I'm happens the same with unity in android.

Can you helpme?

Hi Angel,

As this is not the Unity related support section, could you please first check, if you find a post already with the described issue in the Unity section and if if not please post the issue you're facing there with as much details as possible (Unity version, SDK version, does this happen with your own app or the sample app? did you make sure to follow the setup guide exactly?)

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Login or Signup to post a comment