Start a new topic
Solved

Unity plugin pause and restart image tracking

Hi, 

we are using version 7.1 of Wikitude Unity plugin. (Unity 2017.1.1f1)

We have a usecase where we need to use an image tracker and then pause the tracking and need to restart again. 

How can we do this? What we are doing now is destroying WikitudeCamera component - with this we can get the pause effect but afterwards for restart the tracking, we reinstantiate WikitudeCamera from the prefab and the ImageTracker doesn't work any more. 

Is there a recommended way of doing this and what are we missing? 

Hi,

An easier way to achieve this is to simply disable the ImageTracker component. And when you wish to restart it again, just enable the component back.

Let me know if you have any issues with this.

Best regards,

Alexandru

Thanks for your answer! 

We've already tried this solution, but it's not working. 

I destroy the WikitudeCamera component and disable the ImageTracker component to pause the tracking. To resume the tracking i'm instantiating the WikitudeCamera prefab and enable the ImageTracker component. Camera is working but the ImageTracker not - it doesn't track anything. 

Best regards 

Hi, 

The WikitudeCamera doesn't need to be destroyed, unless you also want to disable camera access and rendering.

If the WikitudeCamera is destroyed and recreated, then the ImageTracker needs to be destroyed and recreated as well.

Do you get any error messages in the console when you do this?

Best regards,

Alexandru

Thanks a lot for your help! 

I had to destroy and reinstantiate also the ImageTracker and set the target collection and the events again. Then everything was working as expected. 

Best regards! 

Login or Signup to post a comment