Start a new topic

How to load 3D model when barcode scan?

Hello,

In wikitude sample, I have seen barcode scan example. But I want to load 3D model when barcode scan. Is this possible in wikitude? I haven't seen any example regrading this.

Regards,

Darshan Mistry

Hello Darshan,

There is an example in the documentation regarding how to scan a barcode by writing a plugin. Please refer here for more information and note that this is not available with our Extensions (like Unity for example).

Thanks
Eva

Hello,

I have already seen that code but my question is instead of scanning image file I want to scan a barcode and load 3D model. In Wikitude sample app I have to scan image after that 3D model is a load. But instead of scanning image, I want to scan a barcode and 3D model load. Is it possible in wikitude library. Because I have never seen such example in wikitude sample app. 

Regards,

Darshan Mistry

Hello Darshan,

Yes, that would be possible. If you have a look at our sample code, you can see the following line
javaScript << "document.getElementById('loadingMessage').innerHTML = 'Code Content: ";

What you would need to do is replace the part inside the javaScript and implement your own code where you load the 3D model.

Thanks
Eva

Login or Signup to post a comment