Start a new topic

textures are not applied properly

I exported my 3D model from Blender and there seems to be no texture on my model it is only showing in black and white 
I have attached the fbx file with this problem

Thanks

-Adam

fbx

HI,

I have managed to sort out the texture issues but still struggling with the animation. I have tested it in the autodesk FBX review tool and there is a pull down for armature with two options, the second has the animation working fine but when I open it in wikitude encoder the animation isn't there, do you have any ideas on what I may be doing wrong or how to select the second armature that works fine in the FBX reviewer but not in the wiki encoder. i have attached the fbx and texture files below 
Thanks

fbx
Colour.png
(226 KB)

Good morning Adam,

the dropdown element you are referring to shows a list of all the animations in your FBX file. I get a list of five animations for the model you sent. You can achieve the same behaviour in the Wikitude 3D encoder by selecting Model > Animation Grouping > Group on takes from the menu bar at the top.

For some more details on this grouping mechanism we have a section in our documentation (scroll down to "Grouping Animations").

- Daniel

Good morning Adam,

there seem to be several issues with this FBX file (missing texturing, strange animations). I believe, however, that they are not issues of the Wikitude 3D encoder or SDK as the model also renders incorrectly in the Autodesk FBX Review tool. This tool is what we use as a reference for the correctness of an FBX file. So something that works in the FBX review application should work in the Wikitude 3D encoder, while something that does not work in the FBX review tool does not necessarily need to work in the Wikitude 3D encoder or SDK.

I recommend, for now, to download the tool and make your model work therein.

As you can see in the attached screenshot, textured shading is enabled and scene lights are enabled, but the model still renders black.

- Daniel

Login or Signup to post a comment