Start a new topic

How to increase the number of targets in an object collection

Is it possible to increase the number of current targets in an object collection?

After adding 10 object target movies, we received an error "You have reached the maximum of allowed targets in the current target collection".

Hello Yetzer,

We strongly recommend that when you create a .wto file, you should not add more than 10 object targets. Otherwise, this could greatly influence the performance of your app.

Thanks
Eva

Hi,

i have 3 targets in a single .WTO. How can I use these 3 targets  in the same way as multiple target image recognition (we are using unity3D)? Is it possible?

Thank you!

1 person likes this
Hello Federica,

Object Recognition does not work simultaneously like 'Multiple Image Recognition'. You provide the .wto file that contains these objects and then you start tracking each object. It will work if you track each object separately but not all together.

Thanks
Eva

Thank you Eva!

First question: we can have more trackable under an objectTracker ?

Another question: I've already imported a 3d Object (.fbx) in Unity3D: now i need to place this 3d object in a determinatig position of the scene (I'm using "Tracking Object" as an example): I saw that i can  rotate e scale the object directly from my 3D software, but I can not move it in space, so that it is perfectly positioned above the framed object . Do I have to do it from unity (within the asset, or in the trackable) or from the outside? Do you have an example?

Thank you

Hello Federica,

I apologize for the late response. I am afraid though that I do not exactly understand your first question. If you want to have more than one objects in the video you are recording and that you will later use to convert it to your .wto file then, yes this is possible. You can create a .wto file with up to 10 objects there.

Regarding your second question, you can have the model either placed directly as a child GameObject for the Trackable GameObject and position it locally, or assign a prefab with your model in the Drawable field of the Object Trackable component. You can have a position set for that prefab. Please see the Object Tracking scene from our sample project.

Thanks

Eva

Hi Wikitude, 

Can you post an example of tracking multiple objects? 

I have two objects in my WTO file, and instantiated two AR.objectTrackable, one for each. However, the app seems to ever only recognize one object. What should I do?

Hi Andy,

You should use the exact same approach that you are using when recognising multiple images. So if you have a look at our example here for multiple image targets, you do exactly the same but you just replace the .wtc file with the .wto file and instead of AR.ImageTrackers you define AR.ObjectTracker.

Thanks

Eva

1 person likes this

Hi Eva,

I've tried using the code below. It seems to only ever detect one of my objects. 

I've downloaded my WTO file from this project in my wikitude studio: 5ad8bb0a4a8cdf1aa9074a4f

this.targetCollectionResource = new AR.TargetCollectionResource("assets/myWTOfile.wto", {});

this.tracker = new AR.ObjectTracker(this.targetCollectionResource, {
    maximumNumberOfConcurrentlyTrackableTargets: 5, // a maximum of 5 targets can be tracked simultaneously
    extendedRangeRecognition: AR.CONST.IMAGE_RECOGNITION_RANGE_EXTENSION.OFF,
    onTargetsLoaded : ()=>{},
    onError         : (errorMessage)=>{ alert(errorMessage)}
});

this.objectTrackable = new AR.ObjectTrackable(this.tracker, "*", {
    drawables: {
        cam: []
    },
    onObjectRecognized: function (targetName) {
         alert(targetName + ' found');
    },
    onObjectLost: function (targetName) { 
        alert(targetName + ' lost') 
    }, 
    onError: function(errorMessage) {
        alert(errorMessage);
    }
});

Thanks Eva.

Hi, 

I've modified the code for multiple image targets, however the multitracking always only detects one object. What else do I need to do to get multiple tracking to work?

Hello Andy,

I deeply apologize for the inconvenience but there has been a misunderstanding from my side. Multiple object recognition is possible but not at once. So there is nothing wrong at your code, this is the Wikitude SDK standard behavior. Again, I am sorry for the misunderstanding.

Thanks

Eva

Hi Eva,

No worries. Thanks for double checking.

I think I will pursue using "2D detection that then triggers a specific object tracker" method to get a similar effect. 

Hope multi object tracking comes soon.

can you please give suggestion how to do multiple object detection within a same scene 

Hi Naveem,

As our solution allows to add 10 objects to the object target collection, you can recognize up to 10 objects. Simultanious recognition of more than 1 object is not possible at the moment - so if there are 2 or more objects that you have in your collection in the camera view, only 1 will be recognized and tracked.

We unfortunately don't have a dedicated sample for this, but the priciples are the same as with image recognition and e.g. the sample for different image targets'

Greetings

Nicola

Hi, I am new to AR and exploring wikitude. I am trying to track multiple objects, but not at once. My use case is that I wish to track different objects kept in different rooms, so no two objects will be in a single frame. I have uploaded the images of the objects in the same project but different object targets and downloaded the wto file. Now to proceed from here, I have a object tracker in my unity project which has trackable as child. I have set the path of wto file in my object tracker. How to I go from here to find which object was recognized? I want to load different prefabs upon different object recognized. So for example, if object 1 is recognized, I want to load prefab 1. Then when I move to second object, it should recognize object 2 and load prefab 2.

Login or Signup to post a comment