Start a new topic

Crash when running Wikitude library on Amazon Kindle Fire device

When attempting to run the Android JavaScript SDK on an Amazon device running API 19, I consistently get the following crash in the native libraries:

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: no field with name='nativePtr' signature='J' in class Lcom/wikitude/architect/util/internal/ArchitectSDKBuildInformationInternal;
10-04 16:43:52.534 7895-7895/ I/dalvikvm:     at com.wikitude.architect.util.internal.ArchitectSDKBuildInformationInternal.createNative(Native Method)

Is there a way to resolve this crash?  Does it mean some benchmark isn't being met, or does it mean that Amazon devices aren't supported?  Thanks.

Hi Daniel,

When encountering this crash i would assume that there is some issue with obfuscation (nativePtr did not keep its name) but this should lead to a crash on all devices and not just the Kindle Fire. 

What i could think of is some kind of device specific issues when calling java code from c++ over JNI. 

Could you try to run some code on your device which accesses a java field in c++ to test if this works? There are some android ndk samples from google who do this so you could just test it with one of those.

Best Regards,

In order to test the obfuscation theory, I added

-keep class com.wikitude.wikitude.architect.** { *; }
to my proguard file, but it didn't seem to have any impact.  As far as issues with JNI libraries, we use multiple other JNI libraries and don't seem to have any issue on Amazon Kindle devices with them.  I've tested other Amazon devices and have seen these issues on those as well.  The specific device I'm using to test, if that proves helpful, is an Amazon KFSOWI running API 19.  Have you heard from other clients who have successfully run Wikitude on Amazon devices?  If so, what steps are required to get this working?  Thanks.

Hi Daniel,

have you tried to run your app on non-kindle devices as well?

Unfortunately I do not know of any customers who are running it on Amazon devices.

Could you provide a project only containing the code which we could use to try to reproduce the issue?

Best Regards,

Login or Signup to post a comment