Start a new topic

Image tracking and scene scale

Hi, 

Once again, the documentation is not enough for me to be sure to understand how scale of the tracking is managed : 

Setting a new target Image, I can set a physicalTargetImageHeight https://www.wikitude.com/external/doc/documentation/latest/androidnative/imagerecognitionnative.html#multiple-image-targets-tracking but I did not understand what does it change on viewMatrix or targetScale ?

My goal is to augment in world real size, and of course I know the size of the image target.

When creating a WTC file with the image, I can set the real height, but where is it used ?

I'm lost in this scaling settings and dont undersand how they are related.

My final goal is to get the viewMatrix, (already including scale or not) and extract from it camera position (including scale) since my 3D engine renedering the augmentation is a 1mm unit scale.

Thanks.

Regards, 

Vincent

Hi Vincent,

setting the physicalTargetImageHeight is required when using the distanceToTarget or distanceBetweenTargets API. It will not be calculated into the viewMatrix of the target.

Best Regards,

Alex

Hi Alex, 

Ok, so I do not need to set them. What about the WTC online editor where I can set the image height ? Is it an information I can get at runtime when the image is tracked ?

And what about the scene scale ? the image tracked height is considered as 1 unit ?

Thanks.

Regards, 

Vincent

Hi Vincent,

there is no difference between setPhysicalTargetImageHeights and setting it in the WTC editor. You can currently not get the height from the ImageTarget during runtime. 

For each image the largest side is considered to be 1.

Best Regards,

Alex

Hi Alex, 

Thanks for the answer.

Regards, 

Vincent.

Login or Signup to post a comment