Start a new topic

ODG small 3D object visible

Hi,

After I scanned a target, I saw the 3D Model from response. However, my object is too small in ODG Smart Glass. 

How can I load the  normal size of 3D model?

Please find attached image for your reference.

Many thanks for your support.

4.png
(66.4 KB)

Hi Darshan,

does the same thing happen on the Android JS SDK?

Please make sure that the tool you use for exporting your 3D-Model has the correct size and units set.

Best Regards,

Alex

Hello,

I have tested Wikitude sample app for ODG. In Wikitude sample app I have found that red color car 3d model load too much small in ODG smart glass. I have tested the same JS in android but it's working fine on an Android smartphone.

Thanks,

Darshan

Hi Darshan,

we fixed an issue in regards to model rendering on some devices with 7.1 please try this version if you do not have already. 

What Android version does your ODG run on?

Best Regards,

Alex

Hi,

We have also tested Wikitude beta version 7.0.1 in ODG smart glass but it has also the same problem as 3D model visible too much small.

Thanks,

Darshan Mistry

Hi Darshan,

Could it be that your calibration is wrong? This could lead to the augmentation being too small. 

Is this only happening with 3D models is it also too small for ImageDrawables?

Best Regards,

Alex

Hi,

I have set calibration as per given below link still small 3D object is visible.

https://www.wikitude.com/external/doc/documentation/latest/odg/calibration.html#calibration

Thanks,

Darshan

Hi Darshan,

please send us the calibration file at external-storage/Wikitude/ so we can verify your calibration.

Best Regards,

Alex

Yes I am attaching the calibration.js file.

js
(553 Bytes)

Hi Darshan,

your calibration does not seem to be correct. Please make sure that you calibrate the glasses exactly as described in the documentation.

Best Regards,

Alex

Hi Alex,

Is there any video about, how to do the calibration in ODG Smart glass except link? 

Thanks,

Darshan Mistry

Hi Darshan,

there is currently only the written documentation but we will look into improving it.

Best Regards,

Alex

Hello,

I have detected 3D model as in normal size in ODG smart glass. But now I have faced another issue that is about how to rotate the 3D model in 360 degree in ODG smart glass. In a smartphone, we have to rotate 3D model using finger touch event but how to rotate the 3D model in ODG.

Thanks,

Darshan Mistry

Hi Darshan,

you can use the ODG cursor with click and drag events. Other gestures are not working because the ODG supports no such thing as multi-touch.

You could work around that by implementing a slider to control the rotation.

Best Regards,

Alex

Login or Signup to post a comment