Start a new topic

Fixed POI display, gyroscope.

Hello everyone.

I want to use POI with the Wikitude SDK, but I have many problems.

I'm using the github example "06_PointOfInterest_4_SelectingPois" https://github.com/Wikitude/wikitude-sdk-samples/tree/master/06_PointOfInterest_4_SelectingPois and I had many problems getting the user's location.

After many tests, I managed to get the location of the user, but now I have another problem, the POIs are fixed. I know they have relative position near my coordinates, but if I move the camera around me, some should disappear and others appear.

My cell phone has gyroscope, it works perfect in Pokémon Go: D hahaha. Please help, it's for a project from my university.

how did you make it as a single app excluding the samples?

Hello Juan,

First of all, I would advice you to download our samples from our Download page, as the link you sent over refers to Wikitude SDK version 6. In regards to POIs functionality, I would suggest you do the following steps:
  • Make sure you are testing with our latest SDK version, which is 7.0
  • Make sure that your GPS provider is accurate enough and also make sure to calibrate your phone before start testing. Note that the distance calculation highly depends on the accuracy of your LocationProvider implementation. I recommend using GooglePlay Location Service to not rely on a manual GPS fetching approach.
  • Test outside

Thanks

Eva

Login or Signup to post a comment